Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running the Rancho Quiklift. I don't know of anyone else running these but I'll ask anyway.

If you use a spacer in addition to the Rancho lift - would there be additional lift ? The way the Ranchos lift is by raising the perch on the strut, reusing the factory springs.

I imagine if additional lift is gained, long brake lines, etc. would then be necessary.

Since the Rancho Quiklift lifts 2.5" and a spacer would be about 1.5" to 2" then you would get 4-4.5" of lift.

OR, would this not be feasible ?

TIA

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Yes, it would work in theory, but you have two problems.

1. You will have UCA contact unless you get aftermarket UCA's.
2. If you get aftermarket UCA's that don't hit the coil bucket, you'll most likely be putting your CV joints at an unsafe angle.

·
on line
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Muzikman said:
Yes, it would work in theory, but you have two problems.

1. You will have UCA contact unless you get aftermarket UCA's.
2. If you get aftermarket UCA's that don't hit the coil bucket, you'll most likely be putting your CV joints at an unsafe angle.
Thanks Jason, as always you're a wealth of information.

After my armor comes I am going to $hi+can the Ranchos and research a better lift. But for now they will have to do.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
I try and keep up and even remember you saying something like if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all regarding these rancho products. What exactly don't you like about them? Are they new shocks and coilovers or just shocks with the stock coilovers?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The spacers wouldn't change the ride.

BTW, you might be able to do a custom height spacer to squeeze out every possible inch.

The key to UCA contact is shock length.

The UCA and LCA act together when they go up and down. The up-travel limit is the bump stop on the LCA. The down-travel limit is the shock (or the UCA contact on the coilbucket). If you jack the front end up and remove the shock, the UCA will rest on the coil bucket. If you put a short shock in, the down-travel will be only as far as the shock will extend. If you put too long of a shock on, the UCA will hit the coil bucket before the shock fully extended.

So, if you replace the UCA with one that clears the coil bucket better, you can put in a longer shock. You can then put a spacer on top of the Rancho shock to make it longer and take advantage of the additional travel.

I hope that makes sense.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
i thought someone who owned them did but i may be mistaken. it's been known to happen.

edit:

it was a truck of the month post and you said something about saying something nice. my mistake.

·
on line
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Good?

HRUDU said:
How do you like the Rancho quick lift?
How much lift did you gain?
Here's the deal on the Quiklift:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
I am currently in the process of returning the quiklift. Trust me you wont really want it. The shocks are adjustable so you can get a soft ride but you lose a lot of travel. The quiklift compresses the coils alot just to fit the shock because of the location of the new spring perch. This is how the lift is attained by compresssing the coil so much that when your X sits on it they wont really move. You will still have downward travel, but no upward extending travel. Everytime you hit a speed bump your tires are basically bouncing off the ground because the new shocks dont allow the springs to extend. IT FEELS REALLY BOUNCY. Better off with spaceres and slight coil bucket contact and keeping all your travel with a smooth stock ride.

To answer your question I got 2.5"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts