Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I put the Calmini shackels on the back and spacers on the front. To me it looks like the back end is lower than the front. Is there any easy ways to add a little more to the back o level it out.

Thanks.

·
on line
259 Posts
Yeap, AAL.

Calmini is supposed to be very good. You can also get any 2.5" leaf from your local spring shop that has about the right length and arch. The AAL is not a safety critical part of the vehicle so you can do pretty much whatever you want.

:>)

·
on line
15,651 Posts
AAL is pretty east to install on our trucks. As for cost at a local spring shop, I have no idea, but my guess would be about $100 without new center bolts.

·
on line
39 Posts
Xterror,

When i bought my X two months ago i talked the dealer into installing the 2 inch calmini SL for the price of parts (no charge for labor). I'm thinking they did a half ass job cause I've noticed a lot of 'squeak' up front any time I take her off road and get the wheels bouncing even a little. I'm not sure if this is normal, or if the dealer messed up something with my bushings. Have you had a chance to take it on uneven terrain yet? Noticed any unpleasant 'squeaks'?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
NIGGS said:
Xterror,

When i bought my X two months ago i talked the dealer into installing the 2 inch calmini SL for the price of parts (no charge for labor). I'm thinking they did a half ass job cause I've noticed a lot of 'squeak' up front any time I take her off road and get the wheels bouncing even a little. I'm not sure if this is normal, or if the dealer messed up something with my bushings. Have you had a chance to take it on uneven terrain yet? Noticed any unpleasant 'squeaks'?
Are you hearing a squeek or a bang? The Calmini spacers have been known to cause the UCA to hit the shock bucket during drop.

·
on line
39 Posts
Definitly a squeak... it's damned annoying too!

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, not really any squeaks, just some banging of the UCA's on the coil buckets if I hit any big bumps. That's because I used a 2wd kit on my 4wd. I was greedy and wanted the extra 1/2".

·
on line
3,484 Posts
For the cure on the squeak, Take off the Stabilizer bar bushings and swap em out with polyurethane at Autozone. I think it's the 1 and 1/4 bushing. You can also test my theory by just lubing them with Anti Seize or silicone or some other rubber safe lubricant (synthetic grease?) Put them back on, drive no squeak huh! Told ya! 20 min job. But the urethane will solve the problem totally. The right lube will last a long long time also. Can't recall the torque on re install Dan posted in his AC Lift post I think 20 Ft Lbs, but stick to that or you'll squish out the bushings.
Let everyone know that it worked.
MC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.