Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to decide between spacer lifts - in coil vs top mount. Will use this lift as a stop gap until I get a bumper, at which time I will probably get coilovers.

Leaning towards the Nisstec's to avoid coil bucket contact. May still get some topping out, but that will happen with most lifts since you'll be moving the truck to the high end of the available travel range.

Have seen a few posts claiming that the Nisstec incoil spacers 'should' make the ride too rough, while people claim that the adjustable Bilstein's have a great ride. It looks like the preload on the stock springs works the same between the adjustable Bilstein's and the Nisstecs - both proload the springs to raise the truck.

Looking for feedback from someone that is actually running the Nisstec in coils spacers. How it is with some armor and how is it with an aftermarket bumper?

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I've ran them

Biggest waste of time. It took me a while to get them in. After usin a spring compressor to take the coils apart I put them in and finally after everything was bolted back in I went for a ride and it makes the truck ride like complete garbage. It's so stiff. It feels like you have no front suspensions just hops over bumps

I installed them to get rid of coil bucket contact I was having with the on top spacers. Bad decision. Having contact every now and then is way better then the ride from in coil spacers. Go with the on top spacers. You get lift and ride stays the same. The coil bucket contact only happens offroad and is not that bad

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback! I guess if I already had the bumper it might be an option, but that's a ways down the road and don't want it to ride like a dog til then!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts