Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Leaf spring replacement cost.

Probably between $450 and $750. ( price varies depending on brand of spring)
This price includes replacing both the driver and passenger side leaf springs.

Body work can be terribly expensive for something which outwardly appears simple.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
My thoughts: is it just the leaf that broken or the mounting bracket as well?
The leaf is pretty simple/ straighforward to replace, but if the mount is damaged it may require some cutting/ welding to fix.
personally i probably wouldn't worry so much about the body damage as long as it inst preventing the door from closing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The leaf spring is completely snapped. From the point where it connects it is snapped right in half, from collision. Door still closeable but off from original frame.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
The leaf spring is completely snapped. From the point where it connects it is snapped right in half, from collision. Door still closeable but off from original frame.
we can clearly see the leaf is snapped, what we cant see is the mount...

and its hard to tell from the door photo what the damage is like, perhaps a photo from farther away will help, but its going to be hard for anyone to quote body work from a photo. .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

we can clearly see the leaf is snapped, what we cant see is the mount...

and its hard to tell from the door photo what the damage is like, perhaps a photo from farther away will help, but its going to be hard for anyone to quote body work from a photo. .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mount is still in place. Just the leaf is broken. From its original placement. More pictures to help understand..last picture is what the other side looks like. (Undamaged)

·
Some random dude
361 Posts
I am assuming you haven't had a body shop take a look at it. Mine was hit around that area almost 2 years ago, and there was a minor bend in the frame as well from the collision. Couldn't see it, but the shop knew it was there. I am not sure how much it cost to fix everything on mine as it was covered by my insurance (well, technically the insurance of the guy that hit me....).

I had just done aftermarket leaf springs just prior to the hit (like, literally 1 month before). They cost me around $700CAD, and I installed them myself. Install only took like an hour, so labor should be relatively cheap as far as that goes, but I wouldn't be able to give you an estimate on that as I don't know what your local shop rates are.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is this the typical break point? I would like to know where to pay the most attention when I inspect the leaf springs,
I can't comment on your rocker panel. I replaced my leaves with ARB Old Man Emu's, bushing kits and shocks from 4Wheel Parts and spent less then $700.00. I did the install myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts