Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 offroad, 6 speed
This X is new to me. Bought it off a member from here and just trying to work out the kinks.

As the title states, I can’t get the air to move from the vents on the dash to defrost or floor or any location.

The truck came with an extra motor/actuator (don’t know what it’s called) thing that sits right above the gas pedal to change the air locations. Stuck it on and nothing’s really changed. Here is the kicker: I noticed when replacing the motor/actuator that it cycles air locations all the way around from dash vents, defrost, and floor before finally choosing dash vents and staying there. I decided to unscrew the motor and watch the gear dial. Both motor/actuators do the same thing, cycle all the way around before remaining on the dash vents, and finally still leaving me without control.

anyone else have this issue? Any help?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
do you know where this control circuit board is? Or are you talking about replacing the whole AC control unit?
It would be the entire item linked in my post. I don’t think there’s any other circuitry involved in the HVAC aside from what I linked to. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After looking at the parts I have and the parts found online. I may have the wrong parts. The mode actuators I have are only 2 terminal for wires and the one online is 5. Looking at my wire harness plug I have 5 wires so I went to oreillys and ordered a 5 terminal actuator. I’ll see if that changes anything when it gets here tomorrow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the new mode door actuator in. It just goes around and around and around. I imagine the previous owner put a blend door actuator in its place to stop it from going in circles. So on to the switch panel

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ITS FIXED! So my issue was that I needed to install the mode actuator fully (not just plug in like I originally did). There is a computer in the control panel somewhere. The mode actuator needs to circulate so that it knows what position it’s in. After that everything works as it should. Now to fix the clicking noise lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.