Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
15,651 Posts
If you keep the stock shocks in the rear you do not need new brake lines. If you get longer shocks in the rear then you need longer brake lines.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I think the rancho's are adjustable. I would suggest the rancho because Bilstein that AC sells don't actually fit (you have to mickey mouse them). That being said, I have the Bilstein's that AC sells and have not had any problems.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well I think its the Rancho 9000s that are adjustable right? I was sorta hoping for one of their predialed shocks for a little less moolah.
I notice they sell on AC individually in different lengths of travel. I have no idea if one would be too long or if the other would be too short.
________
Bmw m40

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I went with the ones 4 wheel parts sells because they are adjustable and have a lifetime warranty. Rancho's don't you trash em next year you buy new. With the ones from 4 wheel parts, hand em over and they hand em back cost free. Pictures and info in my Daystar lift thread that you might read before you do the install anyways, good tips and tricks to keep you from tearing up your sheeet. MC

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I have the Ranchos. The adjustability is nice, but it is a PITA. Like Jason said I too had to mickey mouse them in there with spacers. I believe they are made for a 89' pathy.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I think the part # was MX6070. They fit perfect and allow the extra travel, however you should replace the top bolt with a slightly smaller one. I think it's a 1/2 inch. Here it the thread on the install. But if you have AC coils you will have the pain of compressing the coils but not have to remove the UBJ's Just disconnect the top and bottom and they come out the bottom and go back in same way. You should follow my instructions on the rear pretty close, A lot of people PM me and wish they did as they damaged rear shackles trying to bang them out. Use the strap no bang needed, just milk it out with the jack and ratchet strap.

http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=85

Rancho's Poor fit and what 1 year warranty No warranty once you beat em in..
Pro Comp Adjust ables 4 wheel parts OTC lifetime warranty as long as you own the vehicle = No brainer.
It's your money!

Also remember, lifetime alignment at Firestone for front end after install.
Be aware about the TSB for the alignment bolts, Nissan must fix free if needed. (some are not adjustable)

MC

·
on line
1,320 Posts
You might consider the Bilstein 5125's (rear) available from PRG... valved specifically for the X and direct fit install. Price is about same as the 9000's.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks guys.

I just talked to my buddy who works at 4Wheel Parts and he said he could get me a massive deal on the Pro Comps, so maybe I'll go in that direction.

So Firestone stores offer the lifetime allignment deal?

Spero said someone offered it for like $100 or so... Sound right?
________
Cheap Iolite

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Firestone has a life time alignment. It cost me about $150, but a week after I got mine, MC went and they were having a sale so he got his for some where around $100. I don't know what their current pricing is now. Even for $150 it was a deal. Most placed charge about $80 per alignment. I have had mine done 4 times so far.

·
on line
315 Posts
Syndicate said:
Thanks guys.

I just talked to my buddy who works at 4Wheel Parts and he said he could get me a massive deal on the Pro Comps, so maybe I'll go in that direction.

So Firestone stores offer the lifetime allignment deal?

Spero said someone offered it for like $100 or so... Sound right?
Hook us up! I need new shocks all around!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Pro Comp is always having a "Sale" buy 3 get one free. I have no Idea why we don't get together on that. Someone buys 4 and sells the other two at half the cost add the shipping.

I'm sure the Bilsteins that PRG sells are tops, but no one beats the warranty of Pro Comps bought at 4 wheel Parts. I always try for a warranty. Never know what you might do to them. MC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts