Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ya'll.

My '05 Xterra has 93k miles on it, and it doesn't seem to blow hot air when the heater is on.

The only time I feel warm air come out of the vents, is if I turn the motor off, and idle it, then warm air "creeps" through the vents.

Once I turn the motor back on, the air goes back to being cold.

Any ideas?

·
on line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AC button has been both engaged and de-engaged.

I've read about the air bubble, I will try that when I get home. Quick question though, is this usually the solution for issues pertaining to the heater working when the car moves but not in idle?

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
the heater working when the car moves but not in idle?
This sounds like low coolant in general. Top off both the radiator and reservoir when completely cooled down. DO NOT EVER REMOVE RADIATOR CAP WHEN ENGINE IS WARM!!! After you do this a few mornings in a row and both are topped off you will be good to go.

·
on line
2,360 Posts
I really don't feel like typing it all over again, so there is another link for the same general problem http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=77705
Note I put some specific information about how the cooling system works and where to add coolant and why to do it in such a manor. Last page has even more links to the same issue.

In short, add coolant and go drive it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts