Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Xterra and was wondering if anybody has tried this kit from AC. Xterra Competition Suspension Package. I am looking to get a full 2.5" to 3" lift so when I put new tires I will be 4.5" higher then stock. If not can I get some feedback on which kit you guys have from AC and the total lift it has given your Xterra. Thanks for your help.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
use the search feature, you'll find many posts about AC lift kits

mostlikely many will direct you other directions (AC springs are causing some big problems) there is a sticky about lift options, look there for some other ideas.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
willgr1 said:
use the search feature, you'll find many posts about AC lift kits

mostlikely many will direct you other directions (AC springs are causing some big problems) there is a sticky about lift options, look there for some other ideas.
They are only causing problems with stock front shocks (that kit comes with coilover bils). Also, those "many" problems only happened once, so it's not really "many". :)

I have been running the AC front coils on my stock OR Bils for over a year now with no problems.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
i'm can't give a recommendation as i haven't decided on a lift myself yet (slr if i had the cash.....) but it really comes down to what you want to do.

if you just want looks go with something like the top gunz spacers and deaver leaf pack

if you want something better for moderate to rough offroading, the radflo coilovers and total chaos UCAs and shackles and AALs in the back may be a good option.

check this thread, there's a lot more option listed here
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2223

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That all I'm lookinf is looks. I was thinking of top gunz spacers and shackles but worried about UCA contact.

·
on line
358 Posts
I think I'm probably going with: Top Gun Spacers, Cam Bolts, AC Shackles.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
I've been using topgunz spacers and have no UCA contact. There is only
one parking lot where I live that has excessively steep speed bumps that will
give me contact if I go over them fast. Otherwise, during normal driving
and 'normal speed bumps' I have not had any contact.

G

·
0 Posts
AC coilovers

I'll be soon posting (with pics) my take on the full AC coilovers with front coils and shackles. Went off roading with them and I'll tell you one thing... I'm pretty :cheese: with them! FYI, when i installed JUST the AC coils on my stock OR bilstiens, my first offroad test run the bilsteins broke in half! Thats why i went with the much longer AC coilovers. Also, the Radflos would have been my other option as well.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Re: AC coilovers

GenX_Hawaii said:
I'll be soon posting (with pics) my take on the full AC coilovers with front coils and shackles. Went off roading with them and I'll tell you one thing... I'm pretty :cheese: with them! FYI, when i installed JUST the AC coils on my stock OR bilstiens, my first offroad test run the bilsteins broke in half! Thats why i went with the much longer AC coilovers. Also, the Radflos would have been my other option as well.
I am looking forward for your opinions on this kit as I am also deciding on it...it is the competition kit right?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts