Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
on line
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on doing the Coil/AAL Bilstien Deluxe Package at the end of this month to match my 285's I just put on. I was wondering does this come with an axle shim? I seem to remember that there was drive line problems with this lift earlier on. Also how do I know if I need a new cam bolt or not for the alignment.

Thanks,
-G

·
on line
3,272 Posts
To the best of my knowledge it does not come with the shims but they can be purchased from the same site.

·
on line
4,919 Posts
I think KillJoy is right, but the best thing would be to call and ask.

954-971-3770

If you don't have the adjustable bolts on your LCA's, then you're gonna need cam bolts. I believe that it's all vehicles built after sometime in fall '05. Do a search as it's somewhere on this forum. I have an early '06 model and didn't have the adjustable cam bolts.

·
on line
2,540 Posts
No it does not at least not when I ordered mine last year. IMO It should but thats for another thread. I think it was like 20 bucks more but I don't recall the exact price from them so you may need to call them up and have them add those to your order.

·
on line
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright I will call them before I order, so does anybody know how to tell if I need to get cam bolts before I go to the alignment shop?

·
on line
2,077 Posts
crawl under the X, look at the bolts holding the LCAs in place and if the bolt is off-center of the washer then you have cam bolts....if the bolt is centered on the washer then you don't and will likely need them.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Oh, he was asking if he has cam bolts. I read that as how can I tell if I need cam bolts.

I assume now that unless you have an early/mid production 05, you do not have cam bolts.

·
on line
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have an 06, but I will check and look at the LCA and see if I have them or not.

·
on line
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am a student and I graduate in Dec :) if all goes as planned.

·
on line
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool I am in Galveston to finish my BS, hit me up when you get down here, I need somebody else to wheel with.

-G

·
on line
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
where on the LCA would the cam bolt be located? Is it where the subframe connects?

·
on line
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah that is what I though, apparently I don't have them. Where can I get some from?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts