Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lately my AC has not been working well. First thing I checked was freon and I'm good on that. My buddy realized when I cranked the AC the AC fan was not turning on. I just bought a new aftermarket radiator, so when we were installing it we hardwired the fan to see if the motor was working and it is. I'm assuming it can only be something telling the fan to turn on is not working correctly. Should I just follow the wires and try to see what isn't working, or is there a common problem associated with this behavior?
Thanks in advance!
Edit: I should also add yesterday I was driving home from the beach on the highway at about 70 and it was raining and the AC was working alright.
Solved: We checked my freon with my friends new guages and turns out it was low. When we were filling it up the fan cut on.
¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Are you talking about the blower motor inside the cabin? If that's not turning on, it could be a failed blower motor resistor. It resides inside a cover underneath your glove box and they're a cheap and easy repair.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Check voltage to the ambient temp sensor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure if you have solved this or not but ive just recently changed my radiator and also broke my ac. It was the 'Refrigerant Pressure Switch' that i broke.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Not sure if you have solved this or not but ive just recently changed my radiator and also broke my ac. It was the 'Refrigerant Pressure Switch' that i broke.
I did the same . Fragile in the wrong place little bugger.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was not working before I changed my radiator. I was just checking my fan when I had everything apart already for the radiator.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Well my condenser was in poor shape from eating many years of bugs so had system pumped down and replaced the condenser the same time as rad. Glad I did as even when its 90 I don't need to run in max or full cold to be very comfortable. Now have a piece of door screen to protect the condenser and rad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts