Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really considering doing the AC deluxe suspension lift with the ranchos RIGHT HERE and want to know if it comes with everything I need, or do I have to purchase additional parts in order to complete the lift. I have also heard some people saying some pretty good things about the Top Gunz lift. I have done searches on here about suspension lifts, focusing mainly on the "LIFT" sticky, but it all still seems pretty Greek to me. Maybe I am just that slow. I dunno. I believe that Steve (8th Man) told me that the AC lift in itself should be enough for me and what I want to do. But, I am not 100% sure. Help?

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Overall, it's a good lift for the price.

However, you're very likely to destroy your stock shocks with those AC coils. The stock shocks aren't made to handle the massive tension in those springs and often fail.

On second thought, I've never hear of stock Bilsteins being affected and I know a guy with AC coils/stock Bil's who off-roads hard. If you have the Bil's then I wouldn't worry about it.

·
on line
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now, I am highly considering the Top Gun spacers and the Deaver mini pack for the rear. I am talking to mcampana and he really likes his setup. And it sounds like a good deal for the money. Haven't heard any negatives with this one yet.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I'd go with the Campana set up over the AC. I hear the rancho's are soft for us especially if you have protection parts. I rode in Campana's so far that is the best riding set up for the money hands down. And, it bothers me when the front shocks started to give up under the AC springs, they came out with no fix, no discounts, no nothing. Old Man Emu front shocks is an option with their coils, but may as well go PRG and do it right if you are going that far. MC

·
on line
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I just ordered the Top Gun Customz spacers for the front. $99.99, not too shabby. I have heard good things about them, nothing bad, so they seem the best route for me to go. I have heard mixed things with the AC, as well as Calmini. I figure with a lifetime warranty, you can't go wrong.

·
on line
1,618 Posts
Did you notice the TopGunz auction for $89.99? Same product description, just $10 bucks cheaper. Thats the one I ordered. They were here inside of a week, and look pretty good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts