Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AC seems to have a pretty complete 3" package - dubbed the competition suspension package. It include shims, shocks etc. I've read the concerns about the stiff front springs and the use of stock shocks but this pack includes new Bils. Any experienced comments on this package?

·
on line
74 Posts
CanadianX said:
AC seems to have a pretty complete 3" package - dubbed the competition suspension package. It include shims, shocks etc. I've read the concerns about the stiff front springs and the use of stock shocks but this pack includes new Bils. Any experienced comments on this package?
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3249&highlight=

Look this before, you're canadian, you have to sign the form before...

·
on line
2,248 Posts
CanadianX said:
Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think AC is still using the Ranchos (actually meant for an old Pathy application) that you have bolt up with washers as spacers...?

I ran those Ranchos and AC springs (and their shackles) for a while. Wish I would have just waited and applied that money to PRG/Radflo stuff.

Call up Greg at PRG and get the following;

(A) Radflo/Eibach coilover for use with factory UCA
(B) Deaver add-a-leaf
(C) Bilsteins for rear (can't remember model # but you won't need washers)

You could probably throw in some adjustable shackles and still come in under the price of that AC package. Much higher quality stuff.

Don't know what shipping would run you, but take advantage of value of the Canadian dollar right now!!

·
on line
74 Posts
willgr1 said:
call prg

2" radflos, deavers, and bilsteins are around $1000. this is a much better setup then the rancho and AC spring setup.
X2

·
on line
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The kit includes longer Bilisteins all around. Seems to have taken into consideration all the isues and made a more complete kit for around $1200.

I like the majority vote on this one and respect the experience backing it up, but I thought I'd ask the question as this seems to be a relatively new offering from AC. With the radflos you need the TC UCA correct?

·
on line
2,248 Posts
CanadianX said:
The kit includes longer Bilisteins all around. Seems to have taken into consideration all the isues and made a more complete kit for around $1200.

I like the majority vote on this one and respect the experience backing it up, but I thought I'd ask the question as this seems to be a relatively new offering from AC. With the radflos you need the TC UCA correct?
Willgr1 is right. When he says 2", he's not talking about the shock body diameter, he's talking about the amount of lift they can provide. Greg sells (essentially) two different versions of the Radflo coilover; (1) that provides 2" of lift and is set up so that the max extended length causes a stop in droop travel before the factory UCA hits the top of the coil bucket, and (2) another version that can be dialed up to 3 inches, but you will need an aftermarket UCA to take advantage of it without problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts