Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have read all the posts and stuff about both options but i just want to know why yall made the decision to go with spacers instead of coils, or coils instead of spacers. i was thinking about the coils b/c it actually improves the suspension mechanically (or so i am under the impression) as well as clearance...
...just want to hear what yall have to say

·
on line
709 Posts
Well, im still a newbie and all but the reason i chose to go with spacers is because it retains that fctory "soft" ride. Which i tend to like. And it still performs well offroad. From what i've read the coils tend to stiffen up the ride which is ok i guess if your gonna be offroad alot. Correct me if im wrong but i think youd need uca's to get extra clearance/ travel. but if you dont want coil-uca contact with the spacers then youll want to get aftermarket uca's aswell. I hope that helps. If you do decide to go with the spacer kit ive got a set of new powdercaoted 3 inch spacers.I'll make you a deal.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
Chose spacers b/c retains factory ride, low cost, and ease of installation not requiring anything more than a set of basic hand tools and a jack. Didn't feel like going through the hassle of renting/borrowing spring compressor for the springs. I needed something that could be installed quickly in my condo parking lot.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
xterrock said:
Chose spacers b/c retains factory ride, low cost, and ease of installation not requiring anything more than a set of basic hand tools and a jack. Didn't feel like going through the hassle of renting/borrowing spring compressor for the springs. I needed something that could be installed quickly in my condo parking lot.

X2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts