Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Newbie here. I just picked up this kit from AC and wondering if anyone knows of a reliable/reasonable shop in the Denver area for install. I would love to dig into it myself but my garage barely fits the vehicle let alone being able to take the tires off and maneuver around. If anyone could point me to someone they have used it would be great. Here is the kit.
Thanks very much.

·
on line
1,123 Posts
I ended up doing them myself but I had checked a few places first. None of the national chain type places (Sears, Firestone, etc.) would touch customer supplied parts. The 4 Wheel Parts store off Peoria and I-70 indicated that they'd do it for $75 per hour and they figured it would take 2 hours for the fronts. You're obviously looking at a bit more time with the rears as well. I'd imagine the location on Federal would be the same deal.

·
on line
8 Posts
I found my installer off of tirerack.com. They have ratings for their installers and I just called up one that was listed as one of the top prefered in my area. The total install was done in 3 hours including a 4 wheel alignment. Cost me $190ish for everything.

Just do a search on the site for a installer in your area.

Mike

·
on line
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. Tirerack is a great idea. I am currently trying to figure out if one of the shocks will even work. It was shipped with a few dents. Not sure if the travel will push them back out or if I need a replacement. The dents look a bit worse in the photo. Any thoughts on this at all?

·
on line
134 Posts
Have them (AC) overnight you a new shock. You paid for new and thats what you should recieve. I wouldn't settle for less even if the damage is just cosmetic.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
BioMan said:
Have them (AC) overnight you a new shock. You paid for new and thats what you should recieve. I wouldn't settle for less even if the damage is just cosmetic.
X2, and I am sure I know of 1 other person that would agree too!

·
on line
3,262 Posts
B Slater said:
X2, and I am sure I know of 1 other person that would agree too!
Hmm, does his name start with an 'M' and end in a 'C' :toothy7:

Yeah, if you dont return that shock and chew somebodys butt out you are crazy!! you spent good money for good merchandise!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts