Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
1,320 Posts
This is totally heresay but i'll throw it out there... OME now has a 30mm longer front shock available for those interested.

one of the guys(that lives in Australia) on clubfrontier has them on order.

·
on line
315 Posts
Uhhh, I still don't see what the issue is in that thread? It's all about shocks, I don't see much talk about getting rid of AC springs. No reasons, at least.

I've been very happy with mine. They were a little jarring at first because of the stiffness, but a Shrock bumper fixed that quickly. I lost maybe 1/2" of lift there, but no big deal. I'm definitely not going to get rid of them.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I am 110% happy with my AC coils. I was one of the first few people that I know of to have them installed and I have beat the hell out of the X since. They have held up well as well as my shocks. I do have the stock bilsteins.

·
on line
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I think i may need to just buy the OR shocks.
My SE shocks are getting bad. I can't even hit a bump
without thinking of the shock coming apart. It's really
harsh, no cushion at all. I think the coils are not right for the
SE stock shocks * say that 10X fast* .
________
Ford York Engine History

·
on line
315 Posts
That, I can agree with. I don't have Bils up front (I have an S model) and yes, I don't think they'll take the abuse much longer.

I'm considering going with the ProComp package from 4wheelparts that MC is talking about. Lifetime warranty sounds pretty good. I will probably get all 4 at once and extend the rear brake lines at that time since I'll gain some travel.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The only thing to prevent the shock to be maxed out is the weight of the front end. Mine I am sure is pretty heavy (Shrock bumper, Warn Winch, Full Skids) compared to stock.

I plan on doing some maintenance on my front end in a month or two. At that time I'll measure the shock off the truck and see how long it is and then measure on the truck and see how much it compresses under the weight.

I will say, mine are not bowed like that.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
When i first installed mine... they were bowed like that. sombody mentioned something to me about it when i first posted pics and i dismissed it as an optical illusion. but after a test drive and some strange noises i decided to take the struts out and investigat further. come to find out i installed the springs on upside down. i have no idea how this happened but it did!! (So a four hour project took about three days :blackeye: )

Anyway, you need to double, triple, and quadruple check to make sure everything is perfect. Take the struts off lay them on the ground and see if they look strange. The flat part of the spring should be at the top, and the crooked part of the spring should be at the bottom. make sure all three bolts are torqued to specs when reinstalling. Measure the amount of lift on the right fender well and the left fender well to see if they match. and do anything else that you can think of (no matter how small).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts