Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Randomly when i turn my X on and try to turn the AC button on it wont turn on at all. All 3 of the buttons wont work or light up (AC, Rear Defrost, Recirculate). I've checked the fuses for it and they looked fine. Could it be a relay? I would take it in for warranty repair but it always starts working when i get to the dealer.

·
on line
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no ideas? im going to check the grounds and relays to see. Hopefully i'll be by the dealer when it happens again.

·
on line
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mtdewmike said:
Might as well have the dealer just replace the buttons/panel altogether, and see if it resolves the issue. It's under warranty still, right?
Yes it is still under warranty. I like this idea.

·
on line
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
npgtech said:
Have you put in an aftermarket head unit? If so then maybe one of the connectors in the dash is either loose or got disconnected.
No aftermarket head unit. Its done it since i hit 3000 miles.

·
on line
8 Posts
bikemanj7 said:
Randomly when i turn my X on and try to turn the AC button on it wont turn on at all. All 3 of the buttons wont work or light up (AC, Rear Defrost, Recirculate). I've checked the fuses for it and they looked fine. Could it be a relay? I would take it in for warranty repair but it always starts working when i get to the dealer.
I got a friend who had the exact same problem. He got it to the dealer and was replace under warranty.

When your X do the problem, go straight to the dealer but do not turn off the engine. The "situation" should last until they check it out.

I got a similar problem with my VDC, ABS and SLIP light always on in the dash (including the 4H and 4LO). Each time I have go to the dealer, light where ok... only because when I arrived at the dealer I turned off the engine... don't know... some kind of reset :geek:

·
on line
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok cool... yeah im just going to take it to the dealer and have them replace the panel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts