Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start off I have been reading the forums so much over the past few years since I got my X and its been a huge help. Although, I don't post I truly appreciate all the help it has offered.

Either way last night my ABS start to kick on during normal braking. Completely dry roads, not cornering and not going over 25 mph. It would kick in every time I was braking and subsequently the ABS, SLIP, VDC light would come on and I'm guessing the car ECU would turn off the ABS completely after a few miles (braking several times) because the lights would stay on and no ABS, even when I tried to skid/slip in dirt.

I took it too the dealer this morning and this is what the receipt I received states
"connect consult. check DTC-C115/abnormal signal from wheel speed sensor. monitor sensors in data mode -all sensors indicating same MPH through operating range. inspect wiring for damage/poor connections. OK -no fault found with wiring.
probable actuator/control unit malfunction."

the actual quote for fixing this shows a part number: 47660-ZP30C Actuator ASSY-A ($1397.54)

I'm not exactly clear on the difference between the actuator and the control module. So I asked the service adviser if the actuator was an electronic control module. He said "uh yeah basically it control the abs and tells it what to do" After a quick read of the forums I don't think he was quite sure. He did say he goes off of what the Technician tells him.

Now a quick look up of that code shows roughly the same thing as stated by Nissan. My curiosity is that I have found another thread showing that there is a specific code for ABS actuator so my thought is that the ABS control module needs to be replaced not the actuator. Before I go back to Nissan and state my suspicions I was hoping for some input from some of the veterans. I would hate to drop 1800 in parts and labor for this and it not fix the problem.

Thanks for any and all help!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
hey, any luck with figuring out what is going on with your abs? my vdc and slip lights just came on the other day and just trying to get some info what to look for. thanks

·
on line
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, I was hoping somebody could shed some light. Anybody? I'm going to take it in again this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can spend 280 on a code scanner that can tell u what is going on rather than those money dumbs in dealership. INNOVA CarScan Tech 5510. Bleed ur brakes and if one caliper is not bleeding then it ur abs module.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts