Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· on line
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just received my 9007 auxitos by the amazon folks. Excited to put them in. I recently upgraded the lights in my 2021 ranger from the halogens to the same brand LEDs and love them. Drove the xtrerra the other night and could hardly see a thing. So it's time for an upgrade!!! I will post up my results after.

I plan on doing one side then comparing the new LED cutoff to the opposite side halo cutoff and adjust as needed so i don't blind people.... had to do that on the ranger..

it's Nessie's first mod in quite a few years- owned since new in 2006.

· on line
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am running those for my headlamps and fog lights. No problems yet. Very happy with them.
do they get hot? or have you checked? any flickers?

· Registered
136 Posts
They are a huge improvement, even without projectors. Try them out, you wont be disappointed- and even if you are, return them for free on amazon. Win win!
cool, thanks! i'll give 'em a try.. can't justify spending $$ on retrofit projector kit right now. saving up for a lift!

Did you need to do any modifications to make them fit?

· Registered
929 Posts
Yeah @shift, you won't be disappointed. If you're tired of the OEM suckage light output, the LEDs will blow you away. Auxito, Katana, Nineo and Beamtech are all on Amazon at great prices. I've had Nineo Gen II in my headlights for a couple years now and they've been flawless. My only gripe is that they don't get hot like halogens to melt the ice that forms on the headlights. But that's a minimal concern because of the output difference.

· on line
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you putting in a projector as well, or just retrofitting the LED bulbs into the halogen reflectors?
just the bulb swap. looks plug and play.

i recently did my 2021 ranger as it came with the peasant spec halogens. just a bulb swap and minor adjustment (lowered them a hair) and love them. huge improvement. huge. hoping for same with the xterra.

· Registered
136 Posts
Yeah @shift, you won't be disappointed. If you're tired of the OEM suckage light output, the LEDs will blow you away. Auxito, Katana, Nineo and Beamtech are all on Amazon at great prices. I've had Nineo Gen II in my headlights for a couple years now and they've been flawless. My only gripe is that they don't get hot like halogens to melt the ice that forms on the headlights. But that's a minimal concern because of the output difference.
just ordered them..i'll report back in a few days when they show up

· on line
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
update.

install was a breeze. the pass side is simple. no removing of anything is needed and i have big bear paws. the drivers side required me to remove one bolt from the AFTERMARKET air intake box and push it out of the way in order to remove/add connector to the bulb. stock intake no idea. took me at most 10 minutes. More like 7.

results?

i marked on the wall where the halogens hit, with tape before swapping.

the LEDS patterns landed same location as the halogens. So I did not adjust.

results at night?

low beams are way way better than the halogens and i had the silverstars. Granted, they were a few years old. As these new LEDs are 12000 lmns and not the 16000 in my ranger, they are not quite as bright. still, huge difference with low beams.

high beams are better than stock halogens but not as bright as the LED low beams it seems- just shine further out. With my ranger, LED highs are way brighter than LED lows. With the X, seems opposite.

when i installed the auxito LEDs in the xterra, they seem to fit only one way, with the connector tab facing the drivers side of the truck- both passenger and drivers side connector sides face drivers side.

Looking thru the lens, you can see that the LEDs on the bulb are facing 3 and 9 oclock as they should be. I tried rotating the bulb 180 degrees but it just does not fit that way.

those of you with auxitos, which direction do your connector slots face? to the right/drivers side? for both?

don't get me wrong, the high beams are way better than stock, but not as i expected as compared to the rangers..... still a very worthwhile upgrade.

· Registered
33 Posts
I found the same thing with the install. The originals had the tabs facing up and the LEDs are to the side. I am trying to determine if there is much of a difference in the HI Lo. Going back out now to check again before driving it in the morning.

· Registered
136 Posts
UPDATE: I received my Auxito LEDs just now & installed them. straight forward install but had to remove my battery which kind of pissed me off, but oh well.

SO much brighter! didn't realize how trash the halogens were until i compared the two.. now to wait until it's dark to really test em out.

· Registered
139 Posts
I just put a pair of S-V.4 9004's in our '93 Volvo 940. Holy CRAP are these things BRIGHT!! Well engineered, too (They'd better be for the price). They copied the design of the halogen, as far as where the LEDs sit, so they throw out the same exact pattern as the halogen. Has a little fan in the back that worries me up here in salt country, but so far so good this winter. I had to lower the aim a bit, since we were getting high-beamed left and right. Just a couple clicks lower and haven't been 'beamed since. The original halogens looked like a couple 1970's flashlights compared to these things, lol. What a friggin difference driving at night!!

Forgot to mention, the orientation is adjustable, but the LEDs MUST face left to right (IF I'm remembering right) in order to have the correct pattern.

Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

Hand Eyelash Eyewear Finger Audio equipment

Wheel Tire Material property Magenta Packaging and labeling

· Registered
136 Posts
I just put a pair of S-V.4 9004's in our '93 Volvo 940. Holy CRAP are these things BRIGHT!! Well engineered, too (They'd better be for the price). They copied the design of the halogen, as far as where the LEDs sit, so they throw out the same exact pattern as the halogen. Has a little fan in the back that worries me up here in salt country, but so far so good this winter. I had to lower the aim a bit, since we were getting high-beamed left and right. Just a couple clicks lower and haven't been 'beamed since. The original halogens looked like a couple 1970's flashlights compared to these things, lol. What a friggin difference driving at night!!

Forgot to mention, the orientation is adjustable, but the LEDs MUST face left to right (IF I'm remembering right) in order to have the correct pattern.

View attachment 142391

View attachment 142392

View attachment 142393

View attachment 142394
nice Volvo! my dad owned nothing but volvo's for like 15 years of my life.. he finally parted with his last, a volvo 740SE turbo a few years ago. 91 or 93? i don't remember.. it was quite a rare one if i recall correctly.

· Registered
139 Posts
Thanks! I've been impressed with this one. I bought it after doing repair work on a buddy's '95 940. When I got underneath it, I thought it came from down South or out West somewhere. He told me he bought it from a co-worker who bought it new ... so it had been in MA it's entire life and had ZERO rust! I was blown away! Then I saw the copper/nickel brake lines and was sold - I had to go buy one. A month later I found that gray one in the pic - got it for $800 with 131k on the clock after the owner attempted a fuel pump install, and somehow caught the harness on fire, HAHAHA! Then a few days later I bought another one - a '92, green, for $400, with 232k on it. Was going to snag some parts for the '93, fix it up, then sell it for double what I paid ... but I got cocky with my tree dropping skills and dropped a maple right on its roof! Was so pissed, lol.

Anyway, the gray '93 sat in my yard over a year before I even got to fixing it up. Just the fact that the car still rolled after that blew my mind. I've been driving GM and Ford stuff my entire life, and those always rusted out, and had seized brakes after being parked over dirt any length of time. We've been driving it through 6 winters, and we're just now starting to get some rust on the trunk face between the tail lights, and a little on the rocker panels up front. Still has MANY years left in her. 217k on it now, still runs like a top. Reliable as a stone ax.

I made 2 back-to-back trips 9 hours each way from MA to OH a couple years ago. Only casualty was the chinese crap Starla exhaust pipe that rotted in 2 right over the axle. I had to yank the muffler off at the campground so it wouldn't fall off on the highway. This blasted the trunk with hot exhaust for 9 hours on the drive home, and melted my brand new timing covers to the carpet! 🤣 Always an adventure!

First pic on the trailer was the day I bought it, back before I installed OE fog light / headlight assemblies, and the summer wheels. It came with 2 sets of wheels and tires!

Tire Wheel Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

· Registered
2011 Xterra Pro-4X - Red Brick
127 Posts
I went with the Beamtech fanless. May not be as bright as some, but much better than stock. These pictures should show you the brightness - much better, and the pattern - no obvious difference.

And no one has ever complained at night.

Window Fixture Shade Automotive exterior Rectangle

Window Wood Fixture Shade Floor

1 - 20 of 25 Posts