Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Top Gun spacers up front and Calmini Shackles in back.
The front is a tad higher than the back

I want to bring the back up about 3/4" more (but no more than an inch.) or find a spacer that will bring the front down about 1/2".

I know an AAL will lift the back up about 1 1/2". That's more than I want to raise it for fear of drivetrain vibration, etc..

Any ideas?

·
on line
3,285 Posts
A spring shop can install an AAL at anywhere from 0 to approx. 1.5" of lift. Just tell them what you want to do. They can re-arch (actually de-arch) the springs accordingly. I have 2 AALs and only wanted about an inch of lift. After the install, the rear was approx. 1 1/8" higher than before. I did this to retain as close to a stock driveline angle as possible.

That was at 8,000 miles. I am at 26,000 miles and have had no driveline vibration issues.

·
on line
1 Posts
AAL

Can anyone tell me if just an AAL will be suficient for towing 2700lbs? or do I need to add some lift to the front also to match the rear. My shop tells me they can only give me a minimum of 11/2" lift. Is this ok?

·
on line
99 Posts
robox, you shouldn't need an aal to tow that amount, you should be fine stock. The X also sits about 1.5 higher in the rear from the factory so if you lift the rear only your going to be rolling dragster style!

·
on line
1,479 Posts
did you ever consider Timbrens? I know many people are pleased with them when towing. please someone correct me if I am wrong

·
on line
3,285 Posts
Duck, my AAL was installed in Phoenix by Dunbar Spring. The total cost was $420 + tax. $200 for the 4 leaves (2 each side) and new u-bolts, rivets, etc. The other $220 was for installation and re-arching. They did a great job. Their custom leaf is actually a little bit thicker than the OEM leaf.

Robox, you won't need an AAL for towing 2,700 lbs., but it will definitely help with the squatting and the bottoming out. If you want to tow and carry people / gear, you will want the AAL. If you are worried about the rear being too high, just add a heavy-duty rear bumper (like the one from Shrockworks) and you'll be sitting back at the original height.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts