Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the OME rear leaf packs, and looking to make them the HD pack for some more lift and a stiffer ride.

What I'm wondering is what is the benefit of having my current leafs rearched when adding the new AAL? and is it necessary to do the install of AAL's?

When looking at the AAL install on nisstec they dont mention anything like that, but all the leaf spring shops around here say they would rearch and add the new leaf for $400.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Not needed for AAL.

There is a small benefit to re arch them, but for $400, the benefit doesn't out way the cost.

Isn't a whole new leaf pack $400?

Sent from my HTC EVO with AutoCrash mobile app.

·
Registered
262 Posts
You can add the Dakar leaf which will give you about another inch. PRG adjustable shackles are another option.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you are not having issues with bottoming out with your current set of springs, then you can gain height by using the adjustable shackles. If you need a higher spring rate, then the Dakar spring will help with the OME leafs and you can still adjust the height if needed. You don't want to get a too stiff spring rate as it will ride like a buckboard. I had Alcan make me a custom set, as I tow a 17' trailer with mine. The drawback here is that they are not cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts