Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has heard of (or seen) a gauge pod for the X. I've been scouring the www for about an hour now, and found the pods, but none for the X. The one I'm looking for sits on the A frame. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow, 47 views and no answer..either no one cares about them, or they don't make em :whax: sorry about teh character, just wanted to him him swing the ax haha

·
on line
2,077 Posts
most people on this board likely have no use for extra gauges...i had some in my Trans Am...but i think the only one what someone may need for an X would be an oil temp gauge if they pull a trailer often.

on that note, a quick search yielded no results.

·
on line
551 Posts
Well I've looked and couldn't find one either.
I wanted to install a tranny temp gauge for when I tow with it.
Haven't really thought of another location yet.

·
on line
339 Posts
you can find a guage pod made for a different car with a similar sized A pillar and use a heat gun to make it fit into your X

you can even take it a step further and completely mold it into your A pillar panel by using liquid plastics to get rid of the seams.

after that, you'd have to find a paint that will match the factory gray to paint it. there are also a few companies that make texture spray just in case you do use the liquid plastic and want to give it a similar texture of your oem plastic panel

·
on line
1,479 Posts
I guess we all rather have a Scan Gauge II than extra gages.
definitely more useful

·
on line
559 Posts
The Scan Gauge is useful for most, I agree. The only thing I can think of for gauges is if you go turbo and need to watch boost.

·
on line
2,883 Posts
A trans temp gauge would be nice I think.

I'm not sure if anybody has any idea what their trans temp gets to while wheeling very slowly w/o the benefit of any forced air thru the cooler.

I put a new ATS trans in my F350 Powerstroke, heavier cooler & temp gauge. larger cooler was necessary with the new trans increased line pressure to eliminate slippage in the clutches.
I was really amazed how much heat increased whenever pulling hills (with 26' travel trailer) under power, AND beileve it or not, the heat also increased when going down steep grades in lower gear on compression too!
I ended up adding another cooler w/fan underneath to help out. One place I really had a problem with heat is on my vacation property in Idaho, where I have pull the trailer up the mountain on steep & winding roads at about 5 to 10 mph in 4wd-low on about a 1500ft change in altitude. Would always get up over 200 degrees which is BAD!

Oh, and on a turbo, Boost and Exhaust temp are Mandatory!!!!!

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:scratch: PM --Miles--He was pretty heavy into gauge pods

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has heard of (or seen) a gauge pod for the X. I've been scouring the www for about an hour now, and found the pods, but none for the X. The one I'm looking for sits on the A frame. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
:idea1: JIMBO

·
on line
1,340 Posts
They were going to make gauge pods for the A-piler but stated they could not due to some X's and Frontiers have side airbags.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts