Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Just stopping in to introduce myself to the community.

I have a 2012 SV that I bought for my wife for her birthday. She adores it, so I rarely get it out myself. I have my Altima (which replaced my cube), so it's all good. My reason for joining thenewx community is I found it to be a great resource for my questions about towing with it. This weekend we will be towing a 1965 Ford Mustang out to Abbotsford, and this forum has answered all my questions about what the Xterra is capable of towing as well as what to expect when towing with it near the GCVW limit.

I am more of a Nissan guy than most. My first car was a Datsun, and with getting my Alitma in May it will be the 6th Nissan I have owned (a 200SX, two Maximas, cube, Xterra, Altima). I am currently the Parts Manager at both Sunridge Nissan as well as Okotoks Nissan so if you're in the need for something factory-fresh for your X, come and find me. Please mention A.X.E. so I know where you came from and I'll make sure you get the best deal possible.

Since we must get rolling with the Mustang on our back, I will be sure to post pictures of our Xterra earning it's keep when we get back. :wave:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Welcome! I know a few of our members have had there X's serviced there or should I say alternators replaced a while back lol. And I just finished sending Steadyhigh to Brasso to get his bolts for his titan swap, hopefully they didn't charge him too much, when I got a quote from fish creek it was absolutely ridiculous so I ended up buying them from an American dealership on the forums here for much cheaper.

I love the new altimas though good choice, the perfect daily commuter. And Im close enough to okotoks that I'll start coming there for my oil filters and say hi.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am currently the Parts Manager at both Sunridge Nissan as well as Okotoks Nissan so if you're in the need for something factory-fresh for your X, come and find me. Please mention A.X.E. so I know where you came from and I'll make sure you get the best deal possible.
Are you out at Okotoks this afternoon? I am coming out to pick up my new X and I was looking for a couple of accessories. ;)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nice! I think you guys got me new shackle bolts a few months ago when I accidentally busted them with my sawzall (hangover project mayhem)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Jibber, nice to meet you yesterday. Hopefully I won't be giving you too much of my money. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jibber, nice to meet you yesterday. Hopefully I won't be giving you too much of my money. :D
You'll be giving me a lot less money at Okotoks (or Sunridge) than you would at another dealer in Calgary. I'll even match any other dealer's quote if you bring it to me on paper (so I make sure I'm price matching the same part). Just remember to mention A.X.E. so the staff at either store gives you the proper discount.

I just returned from my trek to Abbotsford with a 1965 Mustang on my Xterra's back. I'll post pics in a seperate thread. I am quite surprised how capable the X is towing all that weight. I only got razzed once about "towing a classic American muscle car with a V6 import".. I couldn't help but smile at that one!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts