Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Titan swap has gone really well and I got the rear shock valving pretty good, I wanted to get some good photos for our new website. I jsut had to share this one.

here's one of my Titan too

If your wondering, both trucks are as good as new.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
WOW! Now that's some air....

·
on line
15,651 Posts
You know, you look at those two pictures and the Xterra just looks heavy. Like a flying brick. :)

Ya know, I never asked, is that X a Daily Driver for the wife? :)

There is no rules that vendors can't enter. They are members too. So, Greg, if you want to enter the ToTM contest, post the picture up.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
mcampana said:
Id rather see a video of that jump. And then the same jump again with the shrockworks front bumper on it. Theres gotta be a change in the landing after you throw that extra weight on the front end.

Flying brick is right.
You are adding less than 60lbs, I doubt it would have all that much difference. Now with a winch, maybe.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
post the picture up for truck of the month greg. consider it more advertisement if nothing else. i will vote for that.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
actually, i think they said you were crazy. and x2 about the differences in suspension.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
THe biggest difference is the speed I hit the jump and the photographers. I hit the lip at about 25mph with the x and about 40 with the Titan. And two differnt guys, that are NOT photogs< taking the shotsI need to revalve the front of the x, it needs more spring and comp. damping. But it soaked it up fine and im taking it on a 200 mile drive today. Yes, it is Jen's daily driver, our family car. I have a bunch of pics in 4lo crawling all over some dirt mounds too, but they just dont look that impressive. Whenthe Shrock bumper gets here (someday) it will not make much of a differnece at all, I can tune right around the weight difference.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Wow, I have never jumped a vehicle, but I would have thought that you would need more speed than 25mph to get it that high in the air.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Its like a dirt bike jump, its DUMB. I will probably take the bobcat out and build a nice smooth roller that i can hit at about 50, with a decent landing. Then the x will see some air.
Hereis a truck i co drive..this is big air
couple more

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gotta also add, non-hub centric wheels and billet wheel spacers on the rear...no problems at all. No broken studs, drives just like it did before.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts