Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

A little Power Upgrade for the X

14K views 91 replies 22 participants last post by  bigskypylot 
#1 ·
Engine Auto part Motor vehicle Automotive engine part Vehicle

Should notice a little difference

See less See more
#39 ·
Interior looking pretty slick. looking forward to seeing the rest.

#40 ·
some more odds and ends going in

#45 ·
things are coming together and closing in on the home stretch. @drivendesire is knocking it out of the park.

#47 ·
Brennan has been doing a tremendous job with it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#49 ·
I thought I opened the wrong forum for a second. Never expected to see so many gauges or those colors in an X. Looks fantastic!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#53 ·
Meeners... I have almost forgotten what it looks like lol How much does the Titan swap add to the "Hugeness"? LoL I know the 35s gonna add a bit of clearance LoL

Reactions: Mastermind46
#56 ·
New Momo Automatico versus OEM shifter.

No big updates but happy to report that the post-swap bugs we ran in to have been addressed and will soon be taken care of this coming week. Hopefully will have a cold start video in the next week or so. then it's tuning time if this virus allows

Reactions: VMBiohazard
#57 ·
As she sits today. still a few things to tidy up and then wait for the ECU, BCM and Keys to get reflashed. Then, it's off to the tuner when 'Rona allows.

also, the tires are getting flipped for blackwalls

#59 ·
Thanks, me too! wish I could have more hands on with it but I know my limitations so I'll just leave it to the experts lol

#62 ·
June 12th is dyno day. should have a few more updates between now and then as the BCM, ECU and keys are flashed. Hopefully a cold start soon as well

Reactions: 104812 and mtnbound
#63 · (Edited)
Well, Dyno day has come and gone. We had to reschedule and the next open date was July 22nd lol. ugggh. We had an issue with the BCM communicating with the ECU and my Keys.

We found out through a friend that was programming the BCM, ECU and keys, after the fact that the 2012 R51 BCM had an iKey( who knew the Pathy was a push start that year) So, had to get a 2006 R51 BCM with autolights option and send back with keys and ECU to get reprogrammed. That cost us a month or more.

Finally, it started right up but we heard a lot of chatter from the rear of the Supercharge . It was determined to be a bad bearing on the jackshaft. So, I order parts and get them in last Wednesday. we ran out of time to safely make sure everything would be good to go for dyno day.

At this point, I will be sending off the unit to a company for inspection and rebuild. the blower only had ~6k on it. I am exploring a few other options with the rebuild. We ran in to a couple other issues that are being worked on as wel .

Will keep y'all posted on the updates!

#64 · (Edited)
So, had to get the blower sent in and inspected due to a bad bearing on the jackshaft. Upon inspection, we learned that the jackshaft had to be replaced as well. Ugggh. Try finding that for a blower that has been discontinued lol. Got it shipped out and off to Stiegemeier Porting Services in St. Charles, Missouri.
The aftercooler (first photo) was sonic cleaned while everything that could be, was sonic cleaned and aqua blasted, all three pulleys were replaced and upgraded, high speed Koyo bearings installed and rotors coated. While it was there, I decided to get the blower unit refinished in black and the lower intake aqua blasted to get that nice machined look. I think it'll have a nice contrast. It'll get shipped out tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest and then back on the motor. Not too much longer.

Hope to get some final assembly photos tomorrow

Radiator Grille Auto part
Technology Electronics Engine
Auto part Machine Engine Hood Vehicle
Auto part Engine Technology Electric motor Electronic device

Reactions: careyj
#68 ·
supercharger is back on but the bypass actuator valve is cracked. ugggh. scrambled to call up @Stillen @magnusonsuperchargers and @superchargers_online to get the right part shipped overnight. the freight was more than what the part cost. Dyno day is this Wednesday. @drivendesire working overtime to get this thing done :)

#70 ·
#72 ·
I was in Bozeman. Now down in Wyoming. Hope to be back in Montana soon!

Reactions: mtnbound
#73 ·
Smooth as silk. Just a few more things to tidy up before Wednesday

Reactions: Mar10
#76 ·
I have absolutely no skin in this and I'm so freaking excited for Wednesday. I can't imagine how you are feeling.

What are you expecting or hoping for? What fuel are you tuning with? Any chance E85 will be in play?

I hope everything goes perfect Wednesday and you can get to driving this thing without any issues.

Reactions: bigskypylot
#79 ·
I have absolutely no skin in this and I'm so freaking excited for Wednesday. I can't imagine how you are feeling.

What are you expecting or hoping for? What fuel are you tuning with? Any chance E85 will be in play?

I hope everything goes perfect Wednesday and you can get to driving this thing without any issues.

HA! Thanks, man! No E85 (I'd love it) but its hard to find around where I'm at in Wyoming. Now if it was flex fuel. I could look at water meth injection after I get the bottom end built and a smaller pulley. Going to have to think about a Ford 9" or 10.5 Sterling at that point lol.

As for power, not completely sure. North of 400 and 450 at the wheels. Hoping for better :) will find out on Wednesday I suppose lol

#82 ·
Just talked to the tuner and so far, the numbers aren't quite what we hoped for at the wheels. He said it's doing 375whp but thats with 35s. Brennan had stock Titan wheels and tires on at the time of his dyno (385/420). of course,, you also have to take in to account the 20 to 25% drive train loss. I see a re-gear in my future lol. I'll update you with final numbers when I get them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.