Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was bored and in need of an inexpensive mod.........

grill is now white, and i also painted the plastic at the top of the hood

no more fading to worry about!

painted with Krylon Fusion for plastics.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how do you remove the grill or the plastic around the wipers? grill you have to remove the six plastic clips at the top of the grill, then if you look down inside of it there are tabs that you push down on to free them from their respective holders, grill slides right out. the other part you have to open the hood, remove the rubber the goes across the top edge, remove the wipers, remove the antenna and it's plastic boot, then just lift from the underside and pop all the tabs up, it comes right out...well, when it comes out you'll have to disconnect the windshield washer fluid lines that run on the underside of it. but there is still the little plastic pieces on the sides, they come out by removing the plastic clips (one on each) and they'll come right out.

i used white. i think it was a glossy white, but it's really not too glossy looking.

starting to think i should have done a how to for the removals.......

·
on line
1,208 Posts
there already is a how to for the front bumper/grill. I have not seen one for the wiper strip.

i think JayP was talking about the wiper part since he has a frontier.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Have you fired up your roof lights yet at night? I imagine there's quite a bit of glare on your window ..

ETA- Looks great otherwise, sharp.

·
on line
735 Posts
I like the white grill, but if I were you, i'd repaint the cowling cover piece a dark gray similar to the original plastic shade (so it won't fade, but it looks better dark..just saying.

thanks for the pics, I always wondered what a whire grill would look like.

·
on line
874 Posts
mike100 said:
I like the white grill, but if I were you, i'd repaint the cowling cover piece a dark gray similar to the original plastic shade (so it won't fade, but it looks better dark..just saying.

thanks for the pics, I always wondered what a whire grill would look like.
line x it or somthin equivelent....thats what i think ill be doing...

·
on line
185 Posts
I had the same idea. But, if I were to do it, it would be professionally done because of the color-matching. I had my friends photochopped the grille in yellow to see what it would look like. Oh yeah, ignore the Z emblem. The guys on my 350z board had some fun with the photochop. :geek:

·
on line
3,331 Posts
I like the yellow grill and the Z symbol. I feel like the Z symbol would look cool if it was an italisized X but only neccesary if you supercharge it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts