Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a 2012 Pro 4x. It is my dd and I plan on only doing moderate off roading(mud, forrest roads, etc) I would like to do a modest lift. 2.5" max. I've read the Lift option post. I'm gonna do spacers in the front. I was thinking of doing shackles in the rear, but then I read that it can result in a soft suspension. Then I thought about doing shackles and aal to stiffen things up.

Questions:
1. Is the soft suspension that bad?
2. Is it possible to stay under 2.5" with both? Should I just do one or the other?
3. Is there another setup you'd recommend?

Much Thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
So, I have a 2012 Pro 4x. It is my dd and I plan on only doing moderate off roading(mud, forrest roads, etc) I would like to do a modest lift. 2.5" max. I've read the Lift option post. I'm gonna do spacers in the front. I was thinking of doing shackles in the rear, but then I read that it can result in a soft suspension. Then I thought about doing shackles and aal to stiffen things up.

Questions:
1. Is the soft suspension that bad?
2. Is it possible to stay under 2.5" with both? Should I just do one or the other?
3. Is there another setup you'd recommend?

Much Thanks
i just put on one made by ready lift and it looks good

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
^^^ This x2. OME has been a good setup for me. Call the guys at Nisstec and tell them what you'd like to accomplish, they'll get you taken care of!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
That one worked for me, thanks. Yep, that kit is a good place to start. Lots of folks start there, then tweak over the years with upgraded leaf packs, shackles, coilovers, etc, etc.

If you get this kit, be sure to spend a few extra bucks for the cam bolts, it'll help save your tires.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts