Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, As I have mentioned before Im kind of a novice to off roading/modification of 4x4 trucks. At some point I plan on adding some things to my X and just have few questions.
The first one has to do with insurance, if you add anything (bumper, sliders, skids, lift..etc.) does it effect the insurance at all? Mainly on things that you have to drill mounting holes for.
The second one has to do with warrenty (I have a feeling this has been covered) I read the "but will it void my warrenty" post, but Im just asking for some personal experience, if anyone has done any of the things I mentioned before and had any problems/advice.
I understand these questions sound very noobish, but this is the first time I have delt with modifying this type of vehicle. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I've been told the bumpers will reduce the insurance costs, but I never checked, That would really be between you and YOUR insurance company. I do know that It would be less expensive to repair with the aftermaket items. And you can do it yourself.

Adding aftermarket things does not generally void a warranty,
read about it here, http://www.performanceoiltechnology.com/warranties_mag_moss_act.htm
and do searches to get more info. You can also use the search above to search the forum. Welcome here and check back before you do any mods, this board will save you money!
MC

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Nissan is pretty good about adhering to their waranties, despite what modifications you make.

They basically honor all waranties unless the can PROVE that your aftermarket part caused the problem.
________
Clear Trichomes

·
on line
559 Posts
Maybe in San Diego, but not in NY. I've owned 5 Nissans and different dealers are the same pains i nt he asses.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
max6spd said:
Maybe in San Diego, but not in NY. I've owned 5 Nissans and different dealers are the same pains i nt he asses.
2X. I had a decent sales guy, but both the Nissan dealerships I have dealt with for service suck. Both are now under new management in the past 2 months so we shall see.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Just remember guys. If you have any problems with a dealer go step by step by that thread that I posted called But will it void my warranty? It has everything you need to do in case they try to say that x part was the reason that y part failed. Also you can always take it to another dealer.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
max6spd said:
I have heard the NY nightmares before. Hummm ya all should squeak about it. It has to be unfair. Jersey is not that far! Buy it there. Not like Nissans need a dealer for life support. Pretty relaible and maint free. Maybe when the word gets out and they slow sell cars, they will change to be in line with rest of country.

MC

·
on line
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey everyone, Thanks for all the help, I guess before I do anything large Ill look around here, and ask the dealer. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts