Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this possible? I’d like to see if anyone know if the four wheel drive gear off my 94 Cherokee (doesn’t run) could be added to my 2wd 2008 x. Transfer case and transmission are good. Also Dana 30 31 spine front axle with 6” lift running 33 or 34 ish inch tires

·
Registered
29 Posts
With a big enough torch, welder, and bunch a steel, anything is possible. Basically, you're looking at a SAS. You would need to redesign the entire front suspension and steering. You won't really be able to use the transfer case, so you'll need to look for a divorced setup, or look for 4wd trans. You will also need to deal with whatever wiring fun this would entail. You're going to lose (or have to re-make) the ABS system and other traction control systems. Basically, are you a professional fabricator, and are you willing to build a trail rig? If not, sell yours, and the parts you have, and buy a 4wd X.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Not a project I'm willing to tackle.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If that’s the axle of choice for you go with a 98-99 front diff . It’s a high pinion,non vacuum disconnect with the large axle shaft joints .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts