Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ve asked this before but got no answer. I ve been informed that there is a solution compound to remove the imprint the xterra decal leaves after removal. is this true and has anyone heard or tried? i really hate the imprint mark that has been left! please help

·
on line
2,077 Posts
if you are referring to the residue from the tape, see TXterra's link. If you're referring to the fading that has outlined the emblem, you're SOL, can't fix paint fading without new paint.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
you can. orbital buffer and a a tube of scratch X, and there's another product i can not think of right now, will take it out, or make it noticeably better

·
on line
113 Posts
Glue residue can be removed with plain old WD40 and some rags. Others swear by goo gone. A mild solvent like isopropyl alcohol and elbow grease wont hurt the pain either. As for the ghosting effect of the paint that was under the logo being darker from the lack of UV and element exposure leaving you two different shades of paint, maybe a mild rubbing compound and waxing or stick a sticker over it.

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
helofixer said:
Glue residue can be removed with plain old WD40 and some rags. Others swear by goo gone. A mild solvent like isopropyl alcohol and elbow grease wont hurt the pain either. As for the ghosting effect of the paint that was under the logo being darker from the lack of UV and element exposure leaving you two different shades of paint, maybe a mild rubbing compound and waxing or stick a sticker over it.
i was thinking of getting a bad ass custom sticker over it. but will the sticker not fade from different weather factors among us? if not then where may i purchase one?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts