Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will my stock 07 X be able to handle the my upcomming trip with the following accesories being used while driving?:
15.4" Laptop via A/C power converter through cargo area power outlet
7" portable DVD player via power outlet on center console
Cell phone charger
Ipod charger
TomTom GPS all via front 2 power socket's

Should I think of upgrading my battery? or am i good?

Thanks.

By the way if it matters, i will be driving 6-8 hours a day!

·
on line
2,072 Posts
you will be fine. Just don't leave everything on for a long time while the truck isn't running. But most of those electronics use minimal power.

I have run cell phone charger, Sirius, CB radio, portable DVD player, and GPS with no problems.

·
on line
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rroadkilll said:
Coming from AK... Where ya heading???

Sounds like the East Coast...

Where are you being stationed???

I'm @ AirSta Cape Cod
Right on! I lived on Otis for 6 years prior to Kodiak. Yeah heading back to the east coast, not before a long road trip! I'm going to the CGC Morro Bay out of New London, Very excited.

Thanks for all the other comments on the power issue. I think I was just looking for an excuse to buy a yellow top!!

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Your good, I had about the same power drawing needs when I drove from CA to NC, and we did just fine. In fact I still have the same factory battery in my '05 X from the day I bought it brand new.

·
on line
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
npgtech said:
Your good, I had about the same power drawing needs when I drove from CA to NC, and we did just fine. In fact I still have the same factory battery in my '05 X from the day I bought it brand new.
Thats good to hear. I didn't even know about the cargo power outlet until yesterday!

·
on line
443 Posts
Ha, I just found that one yesterday too. I didnt know we had 4 outlets. Nice. At least my 05 has 4.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: I'm not to sure about the '07/'08, but on my '06, the only two outlets with power after key is OUT, are--

--the bottom dash one and the cargo outlet--

--

- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
641 Posts
JIMBO said:
:clown: I'm not to sure about the '07/'08, but on my '06, the only two outlets with power after key is OUT, are--

--the bottom dash one and the cargo outlet--

--

- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO
My '08 with RF unit has three outlets. The one on the dash is on all the time. The one on the center console and the cargo area are only on when the iginition is on.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Man, we're going downhill--

--We NEED the one on the dash, not the console and I use the outlet ion the cargo area ALL DAY, when I'm camping, I plug in my solar trickle charger while the suns up--

--I couldn't do that if I always had to go turn the key on (besides leaving the key in the ignition !!)--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts