Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I had the pleasure of actually winning something (unlike most raffles ive ever tried) at GPAXs Shocker Run last weekend. Not only was it a great time and did I meet some of the great members of this forum, but I entered a raffle and won twice, so now I have some decisions to make..
I got these- $500 mickey Thompson gift certificate and $100 prg gift certificate

What's funny is I just bought a pair of the mickey Thompson baja atzs... but they were 32s, so naturally I have to go to 33s now right? I don't really have an excuse at this point. Little worried about the fact I already have rubbing from the 32s on these rims, but I guess I'll figure it out... SO, what tires??
http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/truck.php
I noticed they discontinued the Baja atz, replaced with the Baja atz p3?? You see the Baja TTC claws? 200 pounds, 54 inch, yeehaw!

http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/category/xterra/leveling_lift_kits/
Now with the prg certificate, I'm thinking of getting a 1" spacer with adjustable shackles at 1.5", thoughts?
Sh rock bumper is coming end of April, so I will be getting the heavier duty coil springs from nisstec

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
are you lifted at all yet? if not, i would say get an AAL for the rear as well as the shackles. I would throw the AAL on with the 1" front spacer, and save the shackles for when you get the front springs from nisstec.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes, I'm running the ome suspension lift from nisstec, just under 2" of lift. I've gotten mixed feedback whether I can get away with a one inch spacer up front with the stock UCAS...
Looking into these tires further, I'm leaning towards the d-i-c-k Cepek Fun Country's , the certificate is good for any d-i-c-k Cepek tire as well, should have mentioned that
https://www.****cepek.com/tires.php?item=FunCountry
Edit- looks like I can't post the link, lol

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Yes, I'm running the ome suspension lift from nisstec, just under 2" of lift. I've gotten mixed feedback whether I can get away with a one inch spacer up front with the stock UCAS...
Looking into these tires further, I'm leaving towards the **** Cepek Fun Country's , the certificate is good for any **** Cepek tire as well, should have mentioned that
https://www.****cepek.com/tires.php?item=FunCountry
Edit- looks like I can't post the link, lol
Yeah you can do a 1" spacer up front with those...I had a 1" spacer with my TJM medium duty coils up front. As long as you have aftermarket UCA's you'll be fine. If you have stock UCA's, you may or may not hit the coil bucket.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that's the issue, I have stock uca's, trying to find someone that has the medium duty coils with a 1" spacer as well. Romeo, I thought that was a great idea until I saw the price of those, whew!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Do you not like your atzs? They seem to do pretty well. I don't have any personal experience with them but I don't they were holding you back on the trails. I was running my at2s at shocker.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Do you not like your atzs? They seem to do pretty well. I don't have any personal experience with them but I don't they were holding you back on the trails. I was running my at2s at shocker.
errr.. I mean upgrade to 33 atzs. Or you can do the 2 set thing but I don't like switching the sets in the winter.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I was planning on getting the 33 baja atzs but Mickey doesnt make them anymore, they have the "new and improved" ATZ P3s. Supposedly a harder compound, slightly less aggressive tread, yet they're calling them a "hybrid AT/MT tire".

I have rubbing because of the offset of my aftermarket rims , pic - note darker smudge on plastic where rubbing

Squibble X told me I might need some metal trimming if I went with 33s with my current rim offsets. Im not cutting metal, so I might look into trading my rims for a set of Pro 4xs?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I'm walking into a local grocery store to pick up a sandwich for lunch today, and as I'm crossing the road out front, I notice a lifted Xterra with a bumper. I didn't recognize it so I kept walking, and they honked the horn, it was Rich (meatloaf) coming from his dentist, lol. he didn't have the four star license plate on the front so I didn't recognize it at first, how funny is that? Small world... Got to see the place where he trimmed, looks straightforward enough

1 - 15 of 15 Posts