Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just comlaining...........i refuse to call Jim and whine every other day. It wont help. But im going to the lewisburg run in may and im not thinking my stuff will be here in time to install! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Ill end up canceling the trip if im not all shrocked up.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
X2!

I am still waiting for a bare steel gas tank skid plate. I placed the order in February.

I know Jim walks on water around here but cmon. I just feel that although he does make great products for our truck, he isn't exactly handing them out for free.

If you guys wanna flame me go ahead but don't include mcampana on this one, I just kinda hijacked the thread for a brief venting session.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
No one here would ever flame a man in pain. I thought of a couple a tag lines for Jim's stuff.

Our Standards ...... Set Standards. (The good one for us)
and,
Our Service ......... makes Customer's Nervous!

If you are waiting for parts you ordered months ago that you want in time for a summer run, you understand the second one. Although he has taken steps to improve that, they haven't filtered down much yet.

MC

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Don't be surprised if he ships you the wrong parts and it takes time to get you the correct part!

·
on line
3,262 Posts
usmc xterra said:
No one here would ever flame a man in pain. I thought of a couple a tag lines for Jim's stuff.

Our Standards ...... Set Standards. (The good one for us)
and,
Our Service ......... makes Customer's Nervous!
MC
I dont think anybody could have said it any better than that!!!

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Shrockworks Wait

So from the looks of it, receiving stuff from SWX takes a while. I'll be coming into my next little enlistment bonus soon, debating on putting it towards front bumper or new tires. But I also don't wanna drop close to a grand and not have anything to show for it for months. Anyone have a current ETA on bumpers and such from Jim?

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Re: Shrockworks Wait

TXterra37 said:
So from the looks of it, receiving stuff from SWX takes a while. I'll be coming into my next little enlistment bonus soon, debating on putting it towards front bumper or new tires. But I also don't wanna drop close to a grand and not have anything to show for it for months. Anyone have a current ETA on bumpers and such from Jim?
Since you are military, we can be honest with ya, A Shrockworks Front bumper takes as long as a human to emerge, 9 months from "Payday" anything else is a premature delivery. 5 months delivered this last set. I'd be more comfortable with delivery times somewhere in the Tadpole times. MC

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Oak trees don't grow overnight either. His times are getting progressively shorter, but he can't do it in a Fast Food type set up for the nature of the game. They actually build it to order, and they are building a lot of other makes at the same time and depending on other jobbers for service that is under delivered. Same type problems you see on TV type build shows. OCC ring a bell? MC

·
on line
1,792 Posts
I got my bumper and winch up front months before my lift, and while it looked cool, and I had the winch, the X really couldn't safely handle the frontloaded weight. Hitting whoops on trails, or swoopy, uneven spots on the freeway at speed with passengers--not grand at all, I agree.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts