Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a how-to by any means, there is already one for this type of install. I chose to not go through the roof but instead run them to the gusset in the rear and then follow those wires to the front. I chose two different switch locations (one for forward facing and one for rear facing). I will let the pictures describe the rest. Sorry for the night shots, with it getting dark at 6pm it's about the only time I can get between symphony rehearsal and school.

headlights

all 4 on

back 2

back switch

front switch

wiring

underneath the fronts

·
on line
316 Posts
I demand a write up for the rear lights! Damn that looks clean.

·
Read Only
656 Posts
Any tips for getting the rear wires through the grommet and under the headliner? I got stuck yesterday (see post: http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=8239&highlight= ) when I couldn't push the snake into the cargo area between headliner and roof. If I could just get the wire started I'm sure I won't have a problem since it's a clear run to the front alongside the weather stripping on the driver's side doors.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
yeah, i'm eager to see what it was you used to mount the lights, is it the yakima light mount?

this will be the exact same thing i'll be doing and have been wondering what it'll look like, good job man.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
also, you think you could take a "full rig" photo.. i want to see how tall those lights stand but with the whole Xterra..

i can't get into most parking garages already...

·
on line
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
buxwheat--I got mine to feed through the same way Creek recommended in your help topic. Pull that plastic piece off closest to the grommet and you should be set.

ProjectX--Yes, they are Yakima light mounts. I got them from www.rockcreek.com. They come in pairs so I ordered 3 and here are the pictures you requested.

..yes my windows are really THAT blacked out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts