Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
on line
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fabtech has a 6 inch lift for the 06 fronty, and its only $900. Since the suspension up front is the same as the X, would it be possible to use that kit,add longer rear shocks and have a set of alcan or deever springs fabbed up to complete the lift? If so it would still be considerably cheaper than slr or any other alternative I have seen! What do you think?

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I think it is a little more then $900.

·
on line
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just talked to fabtech and my local shop... Seems you get no more wheel travel with this kit and you can't use the radflos as was suggested. May just have to go with the PRG kit but I don't know if that will give me enough lift. Can anyone post picts of their x with the radflo kit?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Here is mine. I have the radflo 0-3" coilovers and TC uca's up front. And 1.5" AC shackels and 1.5" (more lift) alcan springs in the rear. oh my tires are 33's (285/75/16)

I am going to be recieving my Calmini 5" lift within the next two weeks. And I am going to combine that with new 4-7" radflo coilovers. If you want 5" of lift this is probably the way to go!

·
on line
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keep yer shorts on good buddy! Just talked to Greg @ PRG and he will be selling the fabtech 6 inch with the option of longer radflos, deever mini pack with shackles all for what should still be less than the calmini. Greg rocks! Oh and nice truck.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
Here is mine. I have the radflo 0-3" coilovers and TC uca's up front. And 1.5" AC shackels and 1.5" (more lift) alcan springs in the rear. oh my tires are 33's (285/75/16)

I am going to be recieving my Calmini 5" lift within the next two weeks. And I am going to combine that with new 4-7" radflo coilovers. If you want 5" of lift this is probably the way to go!
Looks good.

Calmini 5" in 2 weeks? good luck. I think OregonX canceled his order.

I think the problem with the calmini kit is you only have ~8" of clearance at the front diff. Fabtech you have the arch in the middle.

·
on line
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I talked to fabtech this morning and they said the kit should ship by the end of the month. Greg has perordered 10 kits and plans on ordering 10 more if he sees interest. The kit should be around 1300 and the longer radflos ~ 799. Greg is checking on specifics and will hopefully have them by close of business today.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Here is a review of calmini 5" on XOC;

Linky

I have also ready of some Driveline vibrations in the rear!

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Okay, I just talked to Greg. He said the fabtec kit is not released yet but he will find out the date within the week. Also, it is priced at around $1500 (not 1300) BUT he thinks this might be a misprint or typo. So he is waiting to hear back from the rep. for the final word. Also this kit (at this price) is for the frontiers, so some different parts will have to be added (possibley a deaver mini pack) in place of the blocks for the rear (which may add a little cost). Also, he said that the diff drop for the fabtec would be aprox. 5" and he believes that the diff drop for the calmini is 4-4.5" So your diff would be scrapping rocks no matter what :drunken:

Greg said that he wouldnt sell the calmini kit because he likes his customers :drunken: , But if you went with the calmini kit, added his coilovers, added the TC UCA's, and changed the sway bar drop bracket out, for something else (not sure what he kind of lost me there). Then it would be a very good kit.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
kokopop said:
S_e_X-Terra said:

Looks good.

Calmini 5" in 2 weeks? good luck. I think OregonX canceled his order.

I think the problem with the calmini kit is you only have ~8" of clearance at the front diff. Fabtech you have the arch in the middle.
I did cancel my order. S_e_x, I don't know if you're on any sort of timeline or not, but I cancelled because I had the gut feeling that I wasn't going to get it in time for GONE in May. I really do hope they get it to you sooner than later.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Well, lets hope mine gets here before the end of May. Im hopeing that it will be the middle of this month (at least last week that is what they said)... but if it doesnt get here untill early May that won't be a problem because i am going to be out of town untill May 10th. But I am pretty sure I am going to GONE MOAB, with or without the 5" lift. I guess I better go sign up huh?!!?!!!

·
on line
641 Posts
kokopop said:
Here is a review of calmini 5" on XOC;

Linky

I have also ready of some Driveline vibrations in the rear!
The review says,

"but the worse is only 8" of ground clearence at the front diff."

Can anybody please tell me what's the stock ground clearence at the front diff?

·
on line
610 Posts
I believe a stock 06 Offroad is 8.7 inches of clearance... thats from a comparison @ Toyota.

Nissan says 9.5 on their site.... :/

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Schlitzy said:
SEXterra, what size tires are you planning on running after the new lift install?
35x13.5 (probably) Im not too sure though. I will try those out and if they start tearing my truck up (if gears still havent come out by then) then I will go to somewhere between 33 and 34 by 12.50

1 - 20 of 30 Posts