Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright folks first post to the forum here. I've done a bit of searching and am looking to replace my front bilstein 4600 with the 5100's. I'm doing so cause I have a broken coil spring as well as 100k miles on my struts. So just makes sense to replace and upgrade it all. My question is. Has anyone used moog coil spring or the ac delco coil springs on these struts? I have read people didnt have the best luck with either of those. And looking at what other options might be out there. drive a 11 pro 4x. What coil springs have people used? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I thought I had read that and saw the price. I can get the 5100s un assembled cheaper that what they sell lthem for. I'm just trying to figure out feedback on those could or if anyone might have other coil recommendations.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have the Moogs paired with the 5100s set to the 1” lift setting. They settled some, roughly 0.5”, after about 5k on them but I haven’t noticed much more since. Overall they’re fine but a huge PITA to get on and assembled. The springs have more coils but are thicker which makes them more challenging to compress. With my front winch mount I may be looking at a set of pathy V8 springs soon but so far the Moogs have been fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts