Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
It's currently at his shop.

From what I gather he's a very good mechanic but since he started his own business he's been spread too thin. I'm probably done with him after this and I'll return to his previous employer for future work. Last 2 jobs have taken too long to complete and he leaves A LOT to be desired on the customer service end. I've definitely saved money using him and everything is very direct (no BS sales pitch) but the cons are starting to outweigh the pros.

P.S. I'm not even sure if he is going to finish it tonight. I dropped off the car exactly when I told him I'd be there but he was at lunch and sent me a text with "ok" after I left him a voicemail which had 3-4 separate points I thought he would address :angry4:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
First off I finally got my car back last night with the coil seat properly installed. The ride is lightyears better than what it was like upside down. I cant tell if i just got so used to the setup over 3 weeks of bumpy rides but it feels soooooo smooth now. I'm very happy with how the car rides at the 1.5" mark.

Second, a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who commented and gave me help, advice or even just their 2 cents. It never ceases to amaze me how quick and helpful the responses are on this site. :notworthy:

Y'all made my month helping me get this figured out not to mention how happy my girlfriend and dog are that the car isn't bouncing around anymore! :eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
704 Posts
I am very glad u had a positive resolution to your issue :)

Reactions: FLAX

·
Registered
488 Posts
I suspect that when they flipped the coil seats that they preloaded the springs a lot. So if the spring rates were 500 lbs/inch for instance and the flipped coil seat preloaded them 1 inch, the springs would have 500 lbs of preload so wouldn’t move until the applied load exceeded 500 lbs.

·
Banned
2 Posts
I'm happy with it at 1.5-2 inches. In ~5k miles I'll need new tires (student budget means most "mods" are really upgraded repairs) so I want to go from my current 265/75R16 to a 285 like the BFG AT's. This is still my DD and only vehicle so how it behaves on road takes priority for now
are you still running the 5100s on your xterra? still at 2" raised height.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Yes! They have held up well over the past couple years. Its been about 30k miles and the preload on the 5100s definitely gave some extra life to my old springs. I dropped the front to 1.5" instead of 2" (it was a bit too stiff all the way up) I also added 1 inch wheel spacers which I think makes it look better proportionally.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts