Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im coming up on 50,000 miles on my pro 4x any suggestions on what needs to be done maintenance wise? Spark plugs or atleast wires? Or anything?? And if I gotta do spark plugs an wires what kind should I buy OEM or aftermarket??

·
on line
1,113 Posts
wires you wont need just the plugs but you will be fine with your plugs till 100k, and they are expensive from Nissan. I think I went with Bosch when I changed them, it wont hurt to flush the trans if you have an auto, drain and refill your axles and transfer case. None of this you "have" to do but like I said it wont hurt. Ive been following the Nissan premium maintenance schedule which is pretty much a drain and refill of every fluid every 30k, my truck still runs great it may be excessive but I want to get every mile I can out of this truck before shes ready for the scrapyard.

·
on line
2,047 Posts
replace your in cabin filter, change the front/rear diff fluid, add the chevron injector cleaner to a full tank, with a cold engine check the battery water level... add battery water.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Get it fully covered in mud, 4 wheels off the ground at one time, hit governer on the highway in 4th, just basic things like these. Alternatively achieve over 1000 points in the achievements section and you should be good to go!

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Im coming up on 50,000 miles on my pro 4x any suggestions on what needs to be done maintenance wise? Spark plugs or atleast wires? Or anything?? And if I gotta do spark plugs an wires what kind should I buy OEM or aftermarket??
I think you have a radiator drain and fill coming up at 65k, I don't think I did any mechanical work at 50k.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I would do all fluids if you haven't already, air filters, and the serpentine belt.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a bunch guys I appreciate all of the suggestions and I will get the important stuff done now!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I would do the diffs. Tranny and TC, I would do at your discretion (depending on usage). Everything else, I personally would wait till closer to 100k unless you fall under severe service. Other than oil changes, tire rotation, brake and tire inspection, and in cabin air filter... I keep mine clean, but it could use a good detail too....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts