Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, was adding some accessories to my xterra. Anyways the panel I have only has the 2wd/4wd, the VDC button and a cubby.

I’ve seen some with 5 switch options. I’m reading up those are from the frontier but are interchangeable. Any recommendations on if I should pursue finding this panel or other options?

·
Registered
571 Posts
2013s had 3 switches (Hill Descent, Rear Locker, Abs), but the PN 68246-ZL45 will fit. A quick googling, though, shows that it has been discontinued.

Ebay/junkyard for a Fronty?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2013s had 3 switches (Hill Descent, Rear Locker, Abs), but the PN 68246-ZL45 will fit. A quick googling, though, shows that it has been discontinued.

Ebay/junkyard for a Fronty?
I believe that’s the same one I have with the cubby.

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
972 Posts
68245-ZL45C Trim Bezel

This is the dash part that replaces what is already there.
It’s pricy so find the lowest price and ask your dealer to match. For 2009 to 2014 only. You have to get into the dash pretty far to replace it. Easy, but a lot of unnecessary work for the job, thank you Nissan.
AND sometimes this trim piece does NOT come with the switch carrier (see below), so order both. Best bet is to order from your dealer; that way if this part does indeed include the carrier you can decline the other part.

25412-ZL45A Switch Bezel

This is the carrier that the switches snap into. It screws in the back of the trim piece. Be aware that there are many wrong pics of this on various sites. It’s black and thin with cutouts for the 5 switches.
This part may or may not be needed. Depending if it’s already included with 68245-ZL45C. Buy it anyway to be safe.

These two items are all you need to convert from your cubby to the 5 switch panel.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
68245-ZL45C Trim Bezel

It’s pricy so find the lowest price and ask your dealer to match. For 2009 to 2014 only. You have to get into the dash pretty far to replace it. Easy, but a lot of unnecessary work for the job, thank you Nissan.
AND sometimes does this trim piece does NOT come with the switch carrier (see below), so order both. Best bet is to order from your dealer; that way if this part does indeed include the carrier you can decline the other part.

25412-ZL45A Switch Bezel

This is the carrier that the switches snap into. It screws in the back of the trim piece. Be aware that there are many wrong pics of this on various sites. It’s black and thin with cutouts for the 5 switches.
This part may or may not be needed. Depending if it’s already included with 68245-ZL45C. Buy it anyway to be safe.

These two items are all you need to convert from your cubby to the 5 switch panel.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
68245-ZL45C Trim Bezel

AND sometimes does this trim piece does NOT come with the switch carrier (see below), so order both. Best bet is to order from your dealer; that way if this part does indeed include the carrier you can decline the other part.

25412-ZL45A Switch Bezel

·
Registered
972 Posts
Yes for both.

Reactions: Samer219

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
You don't have to use that spot if you don't want to. I have two different 6 gang switch blocks in mine. One next t the shifter and the other in the overhead.

·
Registered
972 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hey guys, was adding some accessories to my xterra. Anyways the panel I have only has the 2wd/4wd, the VDC button and a cubby.
I’ve seen some with 5 switch options. I’m reading up those are from the frontier but are interchangeable. Any recommendations on if I should pursue finding this panel or other options? View attachment 133291
I have this same 5 switch set up in my 2015 PRO-4X Xterra. It is not only for Frontiers. The later 2014-2015 Xterras had them. It is a nice upgrade from my prior 2012 PRO-4X with only 3 switches.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts