Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
on line
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the new lift options coming out for our 2nd gen X's I was wondering what you guys think the best 5" lift is? I plan on purchasing mine this February and with either lift I plan on running king coilovers. I would like something as close to factory ride as possible and the most durable and something thats not gonna destroy my truck. Whats everyones opinions on the best setup for a 5" lift. All opinions are appreciated.

Thanks

·
on line
13,467 Posts
Are you seriously trying to compair SLR to those other lifts?!

I wouldnt get the SLR unless you can drive there and have them install it for you. I have heard nothing but bad things about their instructions, or lack of, and the costomer service.
But his stuff is quality. But you will pay out your arse for the SLR compaired to the others.

Save the cash, get a fabtech lift, costome rad flows, go from there.

·
on line
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mcampana said:
Are you seriously trying to compair SLR to those other lifts?!

I wouldnt get the SLR unless you can drive there and have them install it for you. I have heard nothing but bad things about their instructions, or lack of, and the costomer service.
But his stuff is quality. But you will pay out your arse for the SLR compaired to the others.

Save the cash, get a fabtech lift, costome rad flows, go from there.
What do you recommend for the rear when using the fabtech?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Like Mark said... you cant compare the SLR lift to the other two. SLR's is the best.

If you go with the Calmini kit you can just get the Xterra kit and be done with it (then upgrade the front as you wish). As for the Fabtech kit you will pay a little more to get a little more clearance out of the front diff dropdown brackets, but wont help you lift the rear.

Honestly the best 5" budget wise is the Calmini (frontier kit), buy some custom springs from alcan spring, then buy the longer radflo coilovers, then add a 2" spacer on top of them, then buy PRG's adjustable shackles. Dont forget the Timbren bumpstops front and rear!

Dont know what the grand total is off of my head, but that will be the cheapest route to go for 5" and is very stout. The total will be close to the base SLR lift but I woulnd know where to start on installing that stuff, and I know for a fact that the Calmini kit is easy to install.

Of course I might be a little biased because that is a list of exactly the same components on my truck. :cheers:

·
on line
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
S_e_X-Terra said:
Like Mark said... you cant compare the SLR lift to the other two. SLR's is the best.

If you go with the Calmini kit you can just get the Xterra kit and be done with it (then upgrade the front as you wish). As for the Fabtech kit you will pay a little more to get a little more clearance out of the front diff dropdown brackets, but wont help you lift the rear.

Honestly the best 5" budget wise is the Calmini (frontier kit), buy some custom springs from alcan spring, then buy the longer radflo coilovers, then add a 2" spacer on top of them, then buy PRG's adjustable shackles. Dont forget the Timbren bumpstops front and rear!

Dont know what the grand total is off of my head, but that will be the cheapest route to go for 5" and is very stout. The total will be close to the base SLR lift but I woulnd know where to start on installing that stuff, and I know for a fact that the Calmini kit is easy to install.

Of course I might be a little biased because that is a list of exactly the same components on my truck. :cheers:
Can someone provide me a link to their kit I dont really see anything on their page I see the SLR suspension lift stages 1-2-3 is that them?

Thanks

·
on line
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mcampana said:
There is an adobe file you have to download to see their stuff. SLR i mean. As far as PRG goes, their new site wont be up for another week or two, just call. As with any of these companies, calling is always better.

What is your budget for this anyways?
Where is the file? I would like to stay around $5g including Wheels and Tires.

·
on line
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mcampana said:
Then id skip SLR.

For 5 grand, you can totaly Shrockworks your truck, get new leaf packs in the back, and have prg custom make you radflows and send you the 5 inch lift for the front. Then you just go get tires and your set.
What kind of price Range am I looking at for the SLR kit? Which 5" lift for the front?

·
on line
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mcampana said:
But if your budgent is 5 grand.............then say good by to any shrocking.
Thats just my suspension budget. I have budgeted another $2300 for sliders, bumpers, skidplates and lights.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Wow, im sort of jealous!!! Uhh, wait.... no im not!! LOL

Anyway since you have the budget for it go ahead and start wheeling and dealing with SLR, it may take quite a while for your truck to get all the stuff installed and whatnot but it will be well worth it.

How long did it take d-rap to get all his stuff put on (he is the one with the indestructable $10,000 3" SLR kit right?)?

·
on line
1,320 Posts
s__dime said:
Johnnyv said:
This was posted over at club frontier about the SLR lift kits http://www.spencerlowracing.com/SLR_05-07_Suspension.pdf
Perfect. So to me what im looking for seems like its the 5" suspension system with the coilovers I am looking at $4000- $4500.
then you still have to get it installed... the SLR 5" kit ain't no bolt-on job; flipflop had a lot of welding and custom fab done to make everything perfect so figure a couple grand more for labor... but if you must have King's that is what you'll have to do.
Enough of the talk, start droppin some coin and get this done so you can post up some pics!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts