Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

5" Lift for 37s?

4K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  Popeyes spinach 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, any info much appreciated! I don't know about you all but in long Island ny everyone has a damn jeep w/35s. If I can get 37s on my X would be a win for everyone here!! Ha
Did a 3" suspension lift couple years ago with 2 sets of 1.5 hub spacers for mud 33s.
Truck sits good and handles good on parkway,
Just ordered rear airbags and 2" body lift. My closest interference is the front well pinchweld.
I've grinded down to barley still call it a weld. Ha
I don't want to but don't mind deleting spacers till the wheels turn but guess what I'm asking is with 5" of lift in a stock offset do you guys think 37s would fit?

Any advice much appreciated.. thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
From what I have read on here even with that much lift you have to trim fenders to even fit 35's. Out here in the California desert it is the same everyone and their uncle has Jeeps on 35's and 37's. I am running 265/75r16 A/T tires with 1.5" of lift and run most of the same trails around here that the big Jeeps do. In fact most of the people wheel with have Jeeps and are blown away at what I follow them through without taking damage or getting stuck. I do however get my money's worth out of my skid plates and rock sliders.

#3 ·
Haha awsome dude.. love hearing storys like that. .
Jeeps are so spoiled with avaliable parts. But our trucks are so under estimated i never regretted my X..
I trimmed the bumpers and fenders about 3 1/2 inches so wont be the first point of contact and even if I have to ill fold and reinforce that pinch but idd much rather not. Thanks dude

#10 ·
Honestly 37s are a waste of time and money. 35 is plenty big. And apart from having to cut all kinds of shit you'll run into parts breaking under the weight of the tire. Even 35s are pushing the IFS to the limit on what it can handle safely. If you realllly want 37s expect to replace parts regularly. Also your truck will be significantly slower than it does stock. So you might even be putting strain on the main drivetrain. especially if you go wheeling with them.

#18 ·
As stated above.... even that does not work....

Does it fit? Yes. Does it work? No. The rig ends up way to top heavy, drives like dog poop, wheels even worse.

35's or SAS for 37's.... But then you have a trailer queen, not a DD

#17 ·
37's do not work on the Xterra, unless you SAS. And unless you are going to drop bracket lift, T swap it, and are willing to dump 6-10k into a real lift, a 5" lift will just ruin your ride.

35's with a 2" body lift, front fender trimming, and a decent 2-3" suspension lift will get you about the max this vehicle is capable of running. Don't forget though.... 35's mean you have to re gear... (2k Plus)

#27 ·
I have alot to think about..
This guy wasn't even Titan-swapped. Just had a big drop bracket and ran 36s
Ah yes, the Carolina Squat rig. Dear god.

And the rig that he was drooling over was SAS'd.

DD on 33's Sure it works great if you re-gear.
DD on 35's... sure it's a bit much but some do it, absolutely re-geared with body lift and t swapped.
DD on 37's.... they don't fit, it doesn't work, you'll ruin your rig... UNLESS you SAS it. Even then it's not great.

Moral of the thread is, if you really want 37's that bad, go buy a jeep.

#21 ·
I don't do much off roading maybe some beach now and then but I tow my standup jetski about 100 round trip miles every weekend. It weighs about 700lbs with the trailer and puts about 150lbs on the hitch. With 33s I actually forget that I'm towing but yeah 37s might be an issue..
Alot to think about...

#22 · (Edited)
I don't do much off roading maybe some beach now and then but I tow my standup jetski about 100 round trip miles every weekend. It weighs about 700lbs with the trailer and puts about 150lbs on the hitch. With 33s I actually forget that I'm towing but yeah 37s might be an issue..
Alot to think about...
I mean, I guess it’s your money so spend it how you please but 37s (aside from being nearly impossible to fit without $$$$$$$ and a SAS) would be beyond pointless for your use based on this. Same goes for 35s just run 33s, even those are beyond overkill for you.....

I’ll add that many times, especially when it comes to modifying vehicles, less is more.

#28 ·
Haha I’d say go for it! Also, not sure if this was mentioned before on this thread, but if you are in for the humongous challenge of fitting 37s you might want to give the guys at Nisstec a call. I know they have an Xterra on 37s that is not SASed and they wheel it hard.

#26 ·
This build thread comes to mind: Pro4x's 2011 Night Armor Xterra - Now with 8&quot...

This guy wasn't even Titan-swapped. Just had a big drop bracket and ran 36s. Check out the below thread in particular which asks the same questions you are. Just be careful reading - lots of butthurt in that one

#31 ·
LOLOLOL I love how he basically told all the veterans how wrong they were as he progressively ruined his X then had to trade it in because of the “unreliability, mess of wiring, and how poorly it rode”. Well no sh*t Sherlock when you half ass things you get half assed results. OP def read through both these threads if your serious about 37s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.