Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I don't do much off roading maybe some beach now and then but I tow my standup jetski about 100 round trip miles every weekend. It weighs about 700lbs with the trailer and puts about 150lbs on the hitch. With 33s I actually forget that I'm towing but yeah 37s might be an issue..
Alot to think about...

·
Registered
754 Posts
I don't do much off roading maybe some beach now and then but I tow my standup jetski about 100 round trip miles every weekend. It weighs about 700lbs with the trailer and puts about 150lbs on the hitch. With 33s I actually forget that I'm towing but yeah 37s might be an issue..
Alot to think about...
I mean, I guess it’s your money so spend it how you please but 37s (aside from being nearly impossible to fit without $$$$$$$ and a SAS) would be beyond pointless for your use based on this. Same goes for 35s just run 33s, even those are beyond overkill for you.....

I’ll add that many times, especially when it comes to modifying vehicles, less is more.

·
Premium Member
2005 Xterra 4wd 6MT 1.5" lift Heftyfab skids,Shrockworks diff guard,Hardcoreoffroad sliders
384 Posts
Alot to think about...

With what you say you do for off road doing anything more than putting decent a/t tires in a stock size is just doing it for the looks.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
OK, so now I want to do 37 inch tires - just because everyone else says I can't. In my case it could have an application - High water vehicle for hurricane rains :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Moj, like I said I live in long Island. I surf in blizzards and almost killed myself last fall trying to build my standup jetski to do 80. :)
I'm not a show it guy but just want to take every jeep around here down a peg or two.. ha

·
TNX Veteran
4,361 Posts
This build thread comes to mind: Pro4x's 2011 Night Armor Xterra - Now with 8&quot...

This guy wasn't even Titan-swapped. Just had a big drop bracket and ran 36s. Check out the below thread in particular which asks the same questions you are. Just be careful reading - lots of butthurt in that one

·
TNX Veteran
4,347 Posts
I have alot to think about..
This guy wasn't even Titan-swapped. Just had a big drop bracket and ran 36s
Ah yes, the Carolina Squat rig. Dear god.

And the rig that he was drooling over was SAS'd.

DD on 33's Sure it works great if you re-gear.
DD on 35's... sure it's a bit much but some do it, absolutely re-geared with body lift and t swapped.
DD on 37's.... they don't fit, it doesn't work, you'll ruin your rig... UNLESS you SAS it. Even then it's not great.

Moral of the thread is, if you really want 37's that bad, go buy a jeep.

·
Registered
355 Posts
OK, so now I want to do 37 inch tires - just because everyone else says I can't. In my case it could have an application - High water vehicle for hurricane rains :ROFLMAO:
Haha I’d say go for it! Also, not sure if this was mentioned before on this thread, but if you are in for the humongous challenge of fitting 37s you might want to give the guys at Nisstec a call. I know they have an Xterra on 37s that is not SASed and they wheel it hard.

·
TNX Veteran
4,347 Posts
I know they have an Xterra on 37s that is not SASed and they wheel it hard.
And they trailer it everywhere they go, plus they rebuild half the truck every time they go out, and have many custom items on that rig.... remember he's the guy that's figured out what your rig needs, he can probably figure out what his rig needs.

I've wheeled with Chris many times, great guy, fun to hang with. Killer rig. It's not his DD. Re read the OP.

·
Registered
355 Posts
And they trailer it everywhere they go, plus they rebuild half the truck every time they go out, and have many custom items on that rig.... remember he's the guy that's figured out what your rig needs, he can probably figure out what his rig needs.

I've wheeled with Chris many times, great guy, fun to hang with. Killer rig. It's not his DD. Re read the OP.
Cool. Never said it was his DD. I just said to give him a call for some tips in case someone wants to take on the, again, humongous challenge of going to 37’s. Best Xterra DD setup? Keep it stock. I was replying to someone joking about taking on the challenge. Not to the OP.

·
Registered
754 Posts
This build thread comes to mind: Pro4x's 2011 Night Armor Xterra - Now with 8&quot...

This guy wasn't even Titan-swapped. Just had a big drop bracket and ran 36s. Check out the below thread in particular which asks the same questions you are. Just be careful reading - lots of butthurt in that one

LOLOLOL I love how he basically told all the veterans how wrong they were as he progressively ruined his X then had to trade it in because of the “unreliability, mess of wiring, and how poorly it rode”. Well no sh*t Sherlock when you half ass things you get half assed results. OP def read through both these threads if your serious about 37s.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Y’all fortunately don’t experience hurricanes like we do! ... 37’s without a SAS would be a mall crawler with an awful turn radius IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2005 Xterra 4wd 6MT 1.5" lift Heftyfab skids,Shrockworks diff guard,Hardcoreoffroad sliders
384 Posts
Moj, like I said I live in long Island. I surf in blizzards and almost killed myself last fall trying to build my standup jetski to do 80. :)
I'm not a show it guy but just want to take every jeep around here down a peg or two.. ha

Well my advice then is good luck you are in for a lot of work to fit 37's.

·
Registered
2012 Pro4x MT
23 Posts
Y’all fortunately don’t experience hurricanes like we do! ... 37’s without a SAS would be a mall crawler with an awful turn radius IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just spend some time in NYC over the last few weeks. TONS of lifted 4-door jeeps with big tires and tons of off-road crap bolted on for looks. At a casual glance, its obvious they have never been off pavement, at least enough to warrant any kind of modification to a stock jeep. Its the thing now, they are the new family vehicles for the "adventurous".

As for snow on the road... I'll take small snow tires over any set of 33s or bigger. My little hatchback does all the on road snow driving.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

Hahah thanks bud.. I know its a bad idea, and listening to you guys alot. . after I finish the body lift i might just go to 35s.. thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Haha I’d say go for it! Also, not sure if this was mentioned before on this thread, but if you are in for the humongous challenge of fitting 37s you might want to give the guys at Nisstec a call. I know they have an Xterra on 37s that is not SASed and they wheel it hard.
I called them today to ask where my parts were? Haa they are so nice . Everything is taking so long from everyone but as long as its still going im happy ha

21 - 36 of 36 Posts