Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
2,540 Posts
Yes get the shim. I got that exact package and actually just installed it this weekend. The shim is to help with vibration that alot of people experiance with the AAL in the rear if you don't have it.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Why don't vendors just include the shims? (I am not on AC here) when you do something like this, it's a sure bet it is going to change the Angle and a shim will bring it back. It's like 99% of the time a shim won't hurt, may 100% I just don't understand, OH! $$$ yes I do. They have you ruin a $31 set of U bolts to go back and put in $25 worth of shims, plus your labor time. I get it. MC

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you think they would laugh in my face if I ask them to just include the shims for free?

·
on line
1,407 Posts
I would ask, it wouldn't hurt! What is the worst they will say, you have to pay for them?

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Well that's what upsets me, you know that any place that might sell you the shims will make em up 50% I mean I would if I had a shop and someone came in and asked for them, your not getting your work done here.... so I am going to make money off you somehow. BUT, If I were selling a kit, I know I can get the shims wholesale, and because you are buying my stuff, I'm going to include what you will need to properly install it at or near cost. So shims might be like $12 a set instead of $24. Or just jack the price by $10 and call it even because I bought a whole case of the right shims in bulk and I only have that in them. MC

·
on line
81 Posts

·
on line
1,479 Posts
are AAL better than shackles ?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Calmini includes both new Ubolts and shims with their AAL

As for AAl being better...in some cases, yes...and I feel that the new X is one of those cases. With just shackles the leafs end up looking like ____ instead of \__/. Shackles also make the back end really mushy. I am running both shackles and AAL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts