Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2005 while in 2H my 4WD yellow light has come on several times and the LCD goes blank. If I shift the controller from 2H to 4H the lcd comes on flashing 4LO. I can the switch back to 2H and all is fine.

Aside from that no other issues or noises. Would seem to me to be a faulty sensor of some sort but I'm Systems Engineer not a mechanic.

I've checked serveral boards including this one and have not seen anything remotely like this.

It's a 2005 OR with MT trans.

Anyone seen or heard of this?

·
on line
74 Posts
Same as mine. It's began last month and when i turned the switch on 4 hi and after on 2 hi, the light come's off and stay off since last day. Yesterday the dealer pluged the diagnostic computer on my X for a scan and he does not see any code. The light was off when he pluged the computer, so now i have to wait for my light to come on again to plug the computer to see if a code appear.

To be continued...

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Welcome RainMan.

My 4wd lights came on when my abs sensor on the cables was dirty. I disconnected the abs line and cleaned the sensor off with a napkin and it went away after that.

It's very simple to check to see if this is a problem. My wheel housing was a mess from mud, rain, dirt, salt, etc.

I think it took me a total of about 5 minutes to do.

Just my 2 cents worth to look into.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
One thing I'm finding with the X is when a sensor gets dirty, a light comes on...And it really doesn't take much to get dirty, not even going off road. I would hope Nissan could do better... :bounce:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts