Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, maybe no one has an answer in my last thread: CLICK HERE but after I got my Wheel Bearing Hub assembly installed; I still have some wheel movement. I spent a decent amount of time installing it and torqued everything down properly...or so I presume.

I torqued down the Axle Nut after the assembly to 101 ft-lbs.

The bearings from my understanding come pre-loaded at the factory on the new assemblies, it's got be coming from another area and not that of the new Hub Assembly.

I would hate to have installed this, drive on it for a little and in two weeks the bearing is shot again from the slight wiggle.

Any thoughts?

Thanks all,

-Jason

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
If you are referring to the 2nd gen xterra the hub assembly is a unit that comes pressed together. You shouldn't feel any movement from the new assembly and cranking the CV shaft bolt down will not do anything for your bearing. Are you 100% positive that the movement is coming from the hub and not a bad ball joint, tie rod end, something like that?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just wanted to confirm that the Axle Nut DOES NOT add a preload to the bearings as the new assembly should already have pre-loaded bearings.

I'm still determining if it is related to something such as a Tie-Rod and or Ball-Joint or something else.

Hard to imagine it's my new assembly.

Thanks for posting up.

-Jason

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Surf and Snow, no wheel spacers on at the moment. In the future perhaps when I get around to machining them.

Thanks again for the insight.

-Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts