Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had feedback re these sliders:

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/Images/Xterra03.jpg

From what I kind find Shrockworks, 4Crawler, and Black Panther are the only companies that make sliders for the XTerra. Black Panther is still yet to release their slider to the public. I'm trying to find a slider that provides a decent step to the roof rack to unload my bikes. I like the step provided by the OEM nerf bars but would rather invest in a set of sliders that serve the same function along w/ protecting the rig.

Thanks for any feedback.

Devandra

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: -I'm having a hard time understanding that--With my Shrocksliders I can get out of the drivers seat and walk back, across the swingaway bumper, then forward on the passenger side, sit in the pass- seat never having touched the ground!!!

-- :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
335 Posts
i know a guy who has those 4 crawler sliders on his taco..and really likes 'em.

they are flat, but don't look like they stick out any farther than shrocks do. it's probably a toss-up...which ever you like better.

and i believe calmini makes sliders as well

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Calmini makes sliders, but they do not stick out at all. Shrock bars make a good step. I use them all the time. It does help to open the door.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Kind of hard to see the grip tape, but the Srockworks sliders work as good as the stock step rails for accessing the top of the X and of course they provide superior protection! :cheers:

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Here is a better red X with gripe tape on the shrock sliders.

Plus Shrocks make good lifting points and they bolt right up.

·
on line
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the feedback and pics. I definitely like how the Shrocks bolt right up to existing holes. The 4Crawler bars have to all be self tapped into the frame or welded. . .not an impossibility just a hassle.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Don't forget that there is actually one hole that you will have to drill on each side of the frame in order to mount even the Shrock sliders but it's not as much of a hassle as the 4xCrawler ones. I even went ahead and got mine welded to the frame as extra insurance at a mufler shop. It only cost me $10 per side to get it done.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
If I were to buy sliders today I would get them with the 2 tube support.

·
on line
295 Posts
I like how the shrocks have rounded ends.

·
on line
386 Posts

·
on line
3,217 Posts
npgtech said:
Does it make a difference with the 2 tube supports as oposed to the 1 tube support????
Nope no difference at all. I ordered mine with one tube supports. I called Jim after I helped a friend put hers on because she had 2 supports. He said that it is only a cosmetic thing. He was going to sell them with 2 supports but they were more expensive. That's why he offers them as an option at an extra cost.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
The ones posted at top look like they have an open front there whereas Jim's are closed. I'd imagine the open ones would bend a lot easier and pickup trail litter such as limbs easily. I don't like em. I think Jim has the market on the sliders and well as the bumpers. Now if he would just get that rear diff cover out...................
MC

·
on line
1,891 Posts
do they just bolt into the same location as the OEM step rails? I'm looking into gettin some, and actually start moddin my rig after having it for just over a year.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
npgtech said:
do they just bolt into the same location as the OEM step rails? I'm looking into gettin some, and actually start moddin my rig after having it for just over a year.
No they do not...thank god.

The stock step rails actually bolt to the body on the back side of the rocker panel. Sliders bolt to the frame. With the Shrockworks sliders they use existing holes in the frame except for one on each side that you have to drill. It's not hard to do.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts