Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one of the members on the facebook page brought up something I thought was pretty cool. Not sure if anyone else has heard of them, but this group called 4 Wheel to Heal does some pretty cool stuff helping out our wounded vets.

From what I gathered, they set up events where you pretty much will take a vet out with you when you go wheeling. This is to help out with morale, bringing some fun in their lives, and pretty much helping them to get out and about again.

Here is their website - http://www.4w2h.org/

I have reached out to them asking if they do much over here on the East Coast and how we can get involved. I know we have a few members who are prior service and a few more still in. I think this would be awesome way for the club and us to give back to the guys and gals that have literally given a part of themselves for the country. Even if you don't stand for the war, you can at least stand by our soldiers right?

I will keep people updated as I hear back from them.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quick Update: I heard back from them, they will be at the Big Dogs Offroad Main Jambo this weekend. I had not planned on going before, but with this new development I figured why not? So I plan on being there to represent the VAXC as well as talk things over with them about doing any volunteer work. If anyone else is interested (VAXC, MDXC, GPAX, etc) and wants to get in on this let me know!

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rock on man, I will deff let everyone know how my talk with J.P. goes this weekend. I actually found out today a close friend of mine knows him and was asked to come out to help out. So, totally going to use my network here and help get us connected with these guys. With my girl involved in the Wounded Warrior program and us having members that are active/prior service, I see a good relationship forming here.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick update on the 4 Wheel to Heal situation - I was able to meet JP and Nick on Saturday night after wheeling most the day. I talked to them - Nick was really cool, seemed to really dig that I had a group of people willing to help out. Now, I am not sure if I caught JP on a bad day but he didn't seem too into the idea of non-Jeep drivers helping out. I had told him from the start that this is an Xterra club and it seemed cool via messages. But in person he seemed like he was not too into the idea. Not 100% sure what the deal is, either way I still bought a cool hat cause I totally support what they are doing. I am going to try to keep talking to them to see how we can help out. Even if we don't drive jeeps, some of our Xs are monsters and after Will (manimal, rode with us on the first trip in the white fronty) and I held our own on the trails - I think we have something to offer. I will keep people updated as this goes along.

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
This is awesome!!

This year on our Sportsmen clubs annual Salt water fishing tournament we did something like this, some of the boats took a Vet with them on the trip and they really had a good time.

I hope we can get them into a few of out North East Excursions this year!

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knew I was forgetting something, updated the Facebook page and forgot to post here as well. Below is what I put up on the VAXC FB page.

Quick update on the 4 Wheel to Heal situation - I was able to meet JP and Nick on Saturday night after wheeling most the day. I talked to them - Nick was really cool, seemed to really dig that I had a group of people willing to help out. Now, I am not sure if I caught JP on a bad day but he didn't seem too into the idea of non-Jeep drivers helping out. I had told him from the start that this is an Xterra club and it seemed cool via messages. But in person he seemed like he was not too into the idea. Not 100% sure what the deal is, either way I still bought a cool hat cause I totally support what they are doing. I am going to try to keep talking to them to see how we can help out. Even if we don't drive jeeps, some of our Xs are monsters and after Will and I held our own on the trails - I think we have something to offer. I will keep people updated as this goes along.

I don't know if I just caught him at a bad time or if he is just stand offish like that. I was with the girl at the time and she is usually a really good read of people (sales manager, comes with the job) and she didn't get a good vibe from him at all. His buddy though, super cool and really into it. Even started asking me about my X and what I had done with, what sort of wheeling we do, etc.

Like Brian - I am really hoping we can get them into some of the events. Wheeling is wheeling, whether it’s in a jeep or a X, or if it’s on hard trails or easy trails. Some of these guys can't drive anymore, I am pretty sure they would be appreciative to be out and about in the woods again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts