Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you catch the late addition, they feature Kerr Florida a real Florida Ghost town Abandon in 1925 due to the Citrus Failure.

Its Private land now but the old town still stands and use to be the stage coach to Ocala.
Great Pictures. I still can only view from the other side of the universe(Arizona). Great Florida Woods with camping and trails:drink::drink:

But it should be soon!:wave:

·
on line
1,449 Posts
Did you catch the late addition, they feature Kerr Florida a real Florida Ghost town Abandon in 1925 due to the Citrus Failure.

Its Private land now but the old town still stands and use to be the stage coach to Ocala.
Great Pictures. I still can only view from the other side of the universe(Arizona). Great Florida Woods with camping and trails:drink::drink:

But it should be soon!:wave:
Pretty cool. Lots of those in Colorado as well. :)

57-85 days to go. :hello2:

·
Registered
466 Posts
That was a two part article. It was nice to see some Florida trails featured in a major magazine.

I have done some research on Florida ghost towns for future metal detecting trips. I was surprised by the amount of ghost towns in the state. It was real interesting to read about towns and their history.

If you are into that kind of stuff you might want to check these links.

http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/fl/fl.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ghost_towns_in_Florida

The first link has pictures and information on the towns and the second tells you what county they are located in etc.

When it cools down I want to plan a little trip to find a few of the towns and maybe do some relic hunting.

·
Registered
62 Posts
David,

Let me know and I'll be in for a trip to visit one of these ghost towns.

·
Registered
466 Posts
No problem I will let you know.

Mannfield is located in Citrus W.M.A. Next time I am out there I want to hike out to it. I also want to make a quick pit stop at the store on the corner of S.R. 98 & C.R. 491 on the way in to Citrus. That was a town call Ringgold and the store was a stage coach stop. Centralia, Bay Port and Stage Pond are in the general area and might be worth checking out. Another option to make it a full day is to scout some trails out in Croom for future rides.

My daughters have band competitions for next few months so I only have a few open Sundays. I will check their schedule this weekend and let you know what Sundays I have open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts