Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Do it, and while you are at it swap the rear end for a ford 9" (for easy 3rd member swapping)... then do a titan swap for the front... then drop a titan engine in that bad boy.... then super charge the titan engine... Oh, and dont forget about the roll cage!

now you are all set for Baja!

·
on line
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That be nice to drop all those goodies but Budget is really limited but has anyone in here done one on there X

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Ive always thought about that. Just wondering if it could ever be a possibility.

·
on line
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was checking out the titan swaps and i saw lifeinthesouth's had moved his upper shock mounts to the back it can be done

·
on line
1,114 Posts
JDX06 said:
Anyone thought of 4 linking the rear
Yes but doing so exceeds the cost vs. return formula. At least in terms to street legal vehicles.

It's a great suspension for buggies but a good SOA setup is nearly as capable for WAY le$$.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Take all the plastic out of the back and cut holes in the floor... not the best plan for a daily driver but easily possible.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I am not so sure there is enough room to run a 4 link rear. In all honestly, I would rather have a 4 link than a leaf sprung rear, but I don't see it happening.

·
on line
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats true it couldnt be Daily Driver...there was a company who i thought had a great idea...have any of u guys heard of Nth Degree Mobility Suspensions they had the everything tucked in on jeeps

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
I just read this and asked Jen if I could link her X. She said "no" but this was only my first attempt to sway here. Actually, linking it would be pretty easy but not very cost effective. Hmmm, i have all the parts laying around to do it. I wonder if she'll notice if if start and just tell her "too late, cant go back now".

·
on line
1,716 Posts
PrerunnerGreg said:
I just read this and asked Jen if I could link her X. She said "no" but this was only my first attempt to sway here. Actually, linking it would be pretty easy but not very cost effective. Hmmm, i have all the parts laying around to do it. I wonder if she'll notice if if start and just tell her "too late, cant go back now".
I'll bring you mine. I promise that I wont complain. ;)

·
on line
15,651 Posts
JDX06 said:
Thats true it couldnt be Daily Driver...there was a company who i thought had a great idea...have any of u guys heard of Nth Degree Mobility Suspensions they had the everything tucked in on jeeps
There are a TON of suspension companies that make 3 and 4 link suspensions for Jeeps. TJ's, ZJ's and WJ's are 4 link front and rear from the factory. XJ's are 4 link in the front and leaf in the rear.

The FJ Cruiser is a 4 link in the rear.

It's quite common and no reason why it wouldn't be street legal if done right.

I question if the gas tank would be in the way on the X. You could probably short arm it I am sure, but that would actually make it worse than with leaves.

I personally think a 3 or 4 link system is just as easy as a leaf system to setup and work on. I would much rather work on my Jeep than my Xterra when it comes to the suspension.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
PrerunnerGreg said:
DO IT, DO IT! :bounce:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts