Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got some from Home Depot. anyone used this or something like it to line the back bumper steps with? slipped on them the other day, good thing i was grabbing on to the rails.

·
on line
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
can't put in on yet cause instructions say it has to be over 50 F, definitely much colder than that today.

·
on line
332 Posts
i put it on my sliders and back steps, just be careful this summer with shorts. the tape will cheese grate your skin.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: That 3M is fantastic--

--I have the 4"(gray), in three spots, on the rear bumper and the 1", top and bottom, on the sliders (helps grip the HiLift)--

--Surface gotta be warm and CLEAN-(denatured alchohol)--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

--

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: I'm sure that 3M makes tapes up to 1' wide, but the 4" (gray) I have on my Calmini is PERFECT --

contenderv07 said:
do they have some of this tape wide enough to cover the metal part of the bumper??
---------------------------
--

---With a little triming, of the corners, it looks pretty natural !!!

·
on line
381 Posts
Jodokast872 said:
i put it on my sliders and back steps, just be careful this summer with shorts. the tape will cheese grate your skin.
i put the 3m on the top of my sliders, works great, but you do need to be careful if your wearing shorts, I scraped the skin off my leg a few times...

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Well, as usual MC wins the rubber duckie--

--When the swing is closed, you can't see the GREEN FOAM -hell, I couldn't find any gray foam !!

--Also, as I said previously, the 3M tape on the BOTTOM of the sliders, provides a non-slip-grip for the HiLift Jack--

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Uhhh, they're sliders, not stoppers.. To me that's a non-point, never had any slippage issues w/ a hi-lift.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Touche~DB, thats why they put rubber feet, on the bottom of plastic DVD players--

--So they won't SLIDE so easy !!

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: OK, MC, thanks to your KIND comments about my Swingaway FOAM cushion--

--I fixed it --

--

--Besides, this is dense rubber, much better suited to the steady IMPACT !!

--

--Thanx MC--JIMBO

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Yea bux, thats out of those 2'x 2' interlocking squares that form cargo coverage and they're really made of one of the denser rubber compounds--

buxwheat said:
Is that foam "diamond plate"?
--I've used it in my cargo area to carry heavy tier blocks/ bricks and old guns--

1 - 18 of 18 Posts