Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an ad for this stuff on TV and thought I would try it:

http://3mauto.com/products/paint-defender

They sell the spray, an application kit and a sprayer handle. I didn't think the spray handle was worth $5 so I just got the other two items. Total cost was about $35.

I sprayed it on the first 12" of the hood and the corners of the front fenders. 3M recommends doing the first 18" on a car hood, but I figures since the X has a pretty flat hood, it's not in a lot of danger for chips. The front of the hood and those corners though, I've already got a few chips that I had recently touched up.

I only ended up using about half the can and it dried totally clear. I definitely recommend watching the videos online about how to apply it since the instructions are a tad vague.

Since I just applied it yesterday, I can't say how long it will last, but 3M claims it will last about a year. Commercial clear bras will last about 5-7 years, but cost several hundred dollars. I think spending $35 a year is a much better proposition!

Anyway, I just thought I would share my experience with this product. :drink:

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
This looks great I will be keeping a watch on this thread for updates . You dark color xterra guys should be all over this especially those hitting the trails a lot. I would love to place some on my doors and fenders to keep the "pin striping " to a minimum even though my truck is white .

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm really curious about this 3M defender after I saw the ads.Thanks for the info, and hope to see more reviews to know if this product is really good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts